Old 16-07-2003, 06:13 PM
Sam Hopkins

Default Baby blue herring?

Hi Everyone,

Saw a strange bird at my pond yesterday. It was the same size of
a woodduck (which is about 3/4 the size of a normal duck), black or VERY
dark blue, had a neck like a goose, and flew into and sat in trees. I'm
thinking it may be a baby herring that hadnt developed it's colors yet. I'm
in western PA zone 5. Any ideas?

Sam

Old 16-07-2003, 06:14 PM
K30a

Sam wrote it may be a baby herring

What is that saying, 'if fish could fly'?
;-)

jtb sounds write - a night heron

Great Blue Heron juveniles look like their parents without the neck plumes.

k30a
Old 16-07-2003, 06:34 PM
K30a

AK!
jtb sounds write - a night heron
AK! AK! AK!

jtb sounds RIGHT (oh the shame of it)

but it still sounds like a night heron.

k30a

Old 16-07-2003, 06:35 PM
K30a

AK!

Old 16-07-2003, 06:37 PM
K30a

AK!

Old 16-07-2003, 07:39 PM
Nedra

LOL!! Awww, Kathy - we do love you!!!!
I am glad you came back in to correct the spelling ;-)

Nedra

AK!

2 baby koi, 1 baby plant ~ janj Ponds 6 14-05-2006 12:42 AM
planting blue rug juniper and blue star juniper sams Gardening 1 24-04-2004 01:02 PM
Baby blue herring? Sam Hopkins Ponds 13 23-07-2003 01:42 AM
Question about Blue Herring daytripper Ponds 13 30-04-2003 04:57 AM
Blue Tomatoes/Blue tomatoe seeds old whats his name Edible Gardening 2 23-04-2003 06:32 AM