Old 17-07-2003, 01:10 AM
K30a

Default Does size matter...when stocking Koi in your pond... :)

As far raising fish in small and overcrowded conditions you've got to give some
thought to
your future in the afterlife.

You might end up spending eternity in a little, tiny apartment surrounded by
hundreds of your relations...

k30a
Old 17-07-2003, 01:29 AM
K30a

Pond size: close estimate of 3,000 gallons
Koi: 5
Goldfish and mutts: 30ish
Rosie Reds: all eaten by bullfrogs
(BV try inviting a few hit frogs to SH's pond.)

k30a

Old 17-07-2003, 02:32 PM
BenignVanilla

"K30a" wrote in message

Pond size: close estimate of 3,000 gallons
Koi: 5
Goldfish and mutts: 30ish
Rosie Reds: all eaten by bullfrogs
(BV try inviting a few hit frogs to SH's pond.)

We have a small mafia of frogs. We had six but apparently he was whacked.
The remaining five just sit there, and pretend not to be seen. NOBODY IS
EATING MY MINNOWS!!! Once a week or so, I catch a bunch and set them loose
in my aquarium. My tinfoils love them, I am just not sure they can eat them
all.

BV.

Old 17-07-2003, 02:32 PM
BenignVanilla

"K30a" wrote in message
As far raising fish in small and overcrowded conditions you've got to give

some
thought to
your future in the afterlife.

You might end up spending eternity in a little, tiny apartment surrounded

by
hundreds of your relations...

All of my in-laws now live in MD, as of two weeks ago. I think what you are
saying is I am actually dead?

BV.

Old 17-07-2003, 02:32 PM
BenignVanilla

"John Rutz" wrote in message
BenignVanilla wrote:
"zookeeper" wrote in message
snip

BV, in your case, are you trying to find the upper limit of
"overstocking" for Rosie Reds? Or is this part of the "pond shop"

inventory?
snip

To be honest I have not been able to find a test kit to tell me the ppm

of
water in my rosie red pond.

BV.

oh thank goodness I forgot my cofee cup but i did inhale a cigarete LOL

snip

So no SOMLOL, but you did COCLOL, eh?

Old 17-07-2003, 02:32 PM
BenignVanilla

"rtk" wrote in message ...

BenignVanilla wrote:

Updated counts:

Rosie Reds: 10,123,004

What a coincidence! Last time I counted the guppies in my turtle tank I
had exactly the same number: 10,123,004.

Would you care to have 20,246,008?

BV.

Old 17-07-2003, 03:42 PM
K30a

BV wrote All of my in-laws now live in MD, as of two weeks ago. I think what
you are
saying is I am actually dead?

So Heaven is in Maryland, who'da thought?
;-)

k30a
Old 17-07-2003, 04:41 PM
BenignVanilla

"K30a" wrote in message
BV wrote All of my in-laws now live in MD, as of two weeks ago. I think

what
you are
saying is I am actually dead?

So Heaven is in Maryland, who'da thought?

I was actually referring to the other place...but I guess perception is
reality.

BV.

Old 17-07-2003, 04:57 PM
K30a

BV wrote I was actually referring to the other place

Oh, I thought that place was all confined to the
District of Columbia...

k30a
Old 17-07-2003, 04:57 PM
John Hines

"BenignVanilla" wrote:

"K30a" wrote in message

Pond size: close estimate of 3,000 gallons
Koi: 5
Goldfish and mutts: 30ish
Rosie Reds: all eaten by bullfrogs
(BV try inviting a few hit frogs to SH's pond.)

We have a small mafia of frogs. We had six but apparently he was whacked.
The remaining five just sit there, and pretend not to be seen. NOBODY IS
EATING MY MINNOWS!!! Once a week or so, I catch a bunch and set them loose
in my aquarium. My tinfoils love them, I am just not sure they can eat them
all.

I thought, probably from too many tv beer ads, that frogs caught insects
with their tounge? At least the ones we want with our ponds.

A pet shop by me had northern pike, and muskie (4-6") one time. I asked
and yes, they were captive bred and legal. I got my koi and plants from
them this year, I don't know what else they got.