Old 26-07-2003, 10:02 PM
Mike

Default Filter media in Montreal, Canada

I am building my own filter for my new pond. I have decided to use the
packing strapping for use in a biofilter. However, I would like to prefilter
the water in a mechanical filter. I was hoping I could find some sort of
foam or fibrous material. The only thing is I don't really want to buy off
the net, but would prefer to buy locally. Does anybody know of a place in
Montreal and surroundings that would have such a product.

Mike

Old 26-07-2003, 10:12 PM
johnrutz

Mike wrote:
I am building my own filter for my new pond. I have decided to use the
packing strapping for use in a biofilter. However, I would like to prefilter
the water in a mechanical filter. I was hoping I could find some sort of
foam or fibrous material. The only thing is I don't really want to buy off
the net, but would prefer to buy locally. Does anybody know of a place in
Montreal and surroundings that would have such a product.

Mike

do you have a home depot or Lowes up there? any reasonably stocked
hardware store should have air cond filter mats,
some of us also use floor scruber mats they come coarse to super fine
work great in barel filters

--

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

never miss a good oportunity to shut up

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 26-07-2003, 10:22 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

Mike wrote:
I am building my own filter for my new pond. I have decided to use the
packing strapping for use in a biofilter. However, I would like to prefilter
the water in a mechanical filter. I was hoping I could find some sort of
foam or fibrous material. The only thing is I don't really want to buy off
the net, but would prefer to buy locally. Does anybody know of a place in
Montreal and surroundings that would have such a product.

Mike

One mechanical filter is found in most hardware or home
stores - window screening. It works quite well and can
be rinsed off with a hose.

--
Bonnie
NJ