Old 03-08-2003, 05:22 AM
Lori

Default Captured!

That blasted raccoon that has trashed my watergarden twice!
The professional critter-catcher left 2 Hav-a-heart traps set a week
or so ago, and the one in the crawlspace had been tripped once with
nothing in it....but tonight, I heard the trap close, hubby checked,
and wow!! the 'coon was IN it this time.

Whew! Sure hope the catcher takes him far far away before releasing
him.

Lori
Old 03-08-2003, 05:46 AM
jammer

On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 23:15:58 -0500, Lori wrote:

That blasted raccoon that has trashed my watergarden twice!
The professional critter-catcher left 2 Hav-a-heart traps set a week
or so ago, and the one in the crawlspace had been tripped once with
nothing in it....but tonight, I heard the trap close, hubby checked,
and wow!! the 'coon was IN it this time.

Whew! Sure hope the catcher takes him far far away before releasing
him.

Lori

..Thanks for trapping instead of shooting.
Peace

Old 03-08-2003, 01:43 PM
K30a

I bet the raccoon was sooooo embarrassed to get caught! Let's hope he tells all
his friends to stay away from that pond!

k30a
and the watergardening labradors
http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...ors/index.html
Old 03-08-2003, 03:23 PM
Denise

CONGRATS on a successful "hunt". Now you can sleep much better at night
:-)

Denise

Visit my gardens:

http://web1.in4web.com/mtcdrc

Old 03-08-2003, 03:33 PM
Lori

I bet the raccoon was sooooo embarrassed to get caught! Let's hope he tells all
his friends to stay away from that pond!

I think more like MAD! He grabbed the trouble light cord that was
under the cage and pulled part of it into the cage and chewed it up!
It wasn't plugged in.

Old 03-08-2003, 03:33 PM
Lori

Old 03-08-2003, 03:34 PM
Lori

CONGRATS on a successful "hunt". Now you can sleep much better at night

No more noises that send us out of bed for sure!

Andf no more destroyed water plant blloms.

Old 03-08-2003, 04:03 PM
Bob Adkins

On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 23:15:58 -0500, Lori wrote:

That blasted raccoon that has trashed my watergarden twice!
The professional critter-catcher left 2 Hav-a-heart traps set a week
or so ago, and the one in the crawlspace had been tripped once with
nothing in it....but tonight, I heard the trap close, hubby checked,
and wow!! the 'coon was IN it this time.

Whew! Sure hope the catcher takes him far far away before releasing
him.

I bet that's one mad coon!

Bob
Old 03-08-2003, 05:32 PM
Hank

I hope you are luckier than I. In the past two weeks I have set the
trap every night and so far the total is eight ........ nothing in the
past three nights ......... so maybe ***crossing fingers**** that's
it.
It's amazing how quickly water-cress and WH can recover.

http://community.webshots.com/user/hankpage1

Old 03-08-2003, 05:32 PM
Just Me \Koi\

Now maybe he can be relocated far to where ......... (I better stop before I
get my self in trouble with Jammer! I really really don't like raccoons!)

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

Old 03-08-2003, 08:02 PM
Lori

I bet that's one mad coon!

He was, quietly though :-)
Old 03-08-2003, 08:02 PM
Lori

I hope you are luckier than I. In the past two weeks I have set the
trap every night and so far the total is eight ........ nothing in the
past three nights ......... so maybe ***crossing fingers**** that's
it.

What are you using as bait? The critter-catcher putv a can of cat food
in the trap. Took almost 2 weeks to catch him. He tripped it once but
managed to avoid being in the cage at that time, so thought sure he
wouldn't go in the trap again...

It's amazing how quickly water-cress and WH can recover.

My WH is still struggling.
Old 03-08-2003, 08:02 PM
Lori

Now maybe he can be relocated far to where ......... (I better stop before I
get my self in trouble with Jammer! I really really don't like raccoons!)

:-) The CC is going to take it out in the country and turn it loose.
Old 03-08-2003, 08:02 PM
Dave Fouchey

I do hate to rain on your parade but...

Where there is one Raccoon there are usually others....

On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 23:15:58 -0500, Lori wrote:

That blasted raccoon that has trashed my watergarden twice!
The professional critter-catcher left 2 Hav-a-heart traps set a week
or so ago, and the one in the crawlspace had been tripped once with
nothing in it....but tonight, I heard the trap close, hubby checked,
and wow!! the 'coon was IN it this time.

Whew! Sure hope the catcher takes him far far away before releasing
him.

Lori

Dave Fouchey, WA4EMR
http://photos.yahoo.com/davefouchey
Southeastern Lower Michigan
42° 35' 20'' N,
82° 58' 37'' W
GMT Offset: -5
Time Zone: Eastern
Old 03-08-2003, 10:12 PM
Lori

I do hate to rain on your parade but...

Where there is one Raccoon there are usually others....

Have only seen the one...but the second trap is now under the house
waiting :-)