Old 14-08-2003, 06:09 AM
zookeeper

Default Blue Koi

Todd P wrote:
Id like to share my Photos of my Blue Koi

You can reach them under pond 2003 at
http://community.webshots.com/user/todpin33

That's a nice koi! and I love the way they swim up on the lily pads to
grab their dinner! ours are just like that.
--
Zk

Old 14-08-2003, 06:09 AM
zookeeper

claude rogers wrote:
http://home.fuse.net/ace883/bluekoi1
http://home.fuse.net/ace883/bluekoi2
http://home.fuse.net/ace883/bluekoi3

They are all the same fish, but he looks awful blue to me........I did a

crop and zoom on iphoto to get the closeups

Claude, now that's blue! Beautiful. How old is this one? it looks like a
yearling (less than one year). In the bluekoi1.jpg picture it looks like
there's a few light red splotches on its side. Could be a very nice
shusui hiding there.
--
Zk

Old 14-08-2003, 01:02 PM
claude rogers

Just a pup zookeeper he's about 3 or 4 inches long at best

I do agree with ya jammer though, most look gray to me too, I just
hope this one's color holds out.

"jammer" wrote in message
On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 22:38:15 -0400, "claude rogers"
wrote:

"jammer" wrote in message
.. .

I have yet to see a blue koi picture that registers BLUE in my eye
balls!

Ok jammer tell me if this is blue

http://home.fuse.net/ace883/bluekoi1
http://home.fuse.net/ace883/bluekoi2
http://home.fuse.net/ace883/bluekoi3

They are all the same fish, but he looks awful blue to me........I did

crop and zoom on iphoto to get the closeups

Yes! I do see blue, thank you for that.

Old 14-08-2003, 02:23 PM
BenignVanilla

"zookeeper" wrote in message
Todd P wrote:
Id like to share my Photos of my Blue Koi

You can reach them under pond 2003 at
http://community.webshots.com/user/todpin33

That's a nice koi! and I love the way they swim up on the lily pads to
grab their dinner! ours are just like that.

One of my nutty goldfish has done that. A piece of food was on the lily. He
jumped up on to the lily, flopped over, ate the food and then flopped back.

BV.

Old 14-08-2003, 03:33 PM
K30a

BV wrote One of my nutty goldfish has done that. A piece of food was on the
lily. He
jumped up on to the lily, flopped over, ate the food and then flopped back.

We run a reality pond show around here. Take a bunch of land snails, toss them
on the lily pads and then sit back. Will the snails make it from lily pad to
lily pad and back to land or will they make the fatal mistake of looking out
over the water while
(cue up the Jaws music) Goldfinger the Koi lurks beneath...

k30a
and the watergardening labradors
http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...dors/home.html

Old 14-08-2003, 05:22 PM
mad

i've about decided that blue is a name given to these blue-gray fish in the
same way that red is given to hereford cattle. if you wanted to be really
technical, herefords are a nice rusty-brown color, not red. but they are
still called red cattle. so these are blue koi. jmho...

i wish there were goldfish that were the color of some of the bright blue
tropical fish. wouldn't those be a trip? think of them next to bright orange
goldfish!

mad
--
"Let me tell you the one thing I have against Moses. He
took us forty years into the desert in order to bring us

From: jammer
Newsgroups: rec.ponds
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 23:38:50 -0500
Subject: Blue Koi

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 00:19:18 GMT, "Nedra"
wrote:

You mean you can't see the blue in # A-0175?
If you can't - I think you may be color blind?

Nedra

Well, i guess anything is possible.....I see gray and black everytime
someone posts their blue koi pictures. I know that different shaded of
army green socks give me fits, but i have a lot of blue in here, so ?

Old 15-08-2003, 04:28 AM
jammer

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 09:50:56 -0500, mad wrote:

i've about decided that blue is a name given to these blue-gray fish in the
same way that red is given to hereford cattle. if you wanted to be really
technical, herefords are a nice rusty-brown color, not red. but they are
still called red cattle. so these are blue koi. jmho...

i wish there were goldfish that were the color of some of the bright blue
tropical fish. wouldn't those be a trip? think of them next to bright orange
goldfish!

mad

I would definitely dig some blue goldfish!

Old 15-08-2003, 04:28 AM
jammer

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 07:47:04 -0400, "claude rogers"
wrote:

Just a pup zookeeper he's about 3 or 4 inches long at best

I do agree with ya jammer though, most look gray to me too, I just
hope this one's color holds out.

Then it's not just me!
Thanks

Old 15-08-2003, 08:03 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Keirin Koi has a good page on shusui koi:
http://www.keirinponds.com/shusui.html

Do they ever carry butterfly koi? ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 15-08-2003, 03:32 PM
mad

From: jammer
Newsgroups: rec.ponds
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 19:58:15 -0500

i wish there were goldfish that were the color of some of the bright blue
tropical fish. wouldn't those be a trip? think of them next to bright orange
goldfish!

mad

I would definitely dig some blue goldfish!

oh, yeah! a bright yellow like a tang would be nice, too. but until then,
i'll enjoy my shubunkins.
mad
--
If you want to make God laugh, tell him your future plans.
-Woody Allen

Old 15-08-2003, 09:42 PM
Jerrispond

I would definitely dig some blue goldfish!

I have several for real blue goldfish they are called blue shubunkins....They
are multicolored.....some are blue and white with a small amount of black some
of mine are blue white and goldfish red.....they have long fins and tails like
butterfly koi and are my very favorite of all my fish. They are shaped like
comets and the tail is long but not a fan tgail. Jerri

Old 16-08-2003, 02:12 AM
jammer

On 15 Aug 2003 20:33:22 GMT, (Jerrispond) wrote:

I would definitely dig some blue goldfish!

I have several for real blue goldfish they are called blue shubunkins....They
are multicolored.....some are blue and white with a small amount of black some
of mine are blue white and goldfish red.....they have long fins and tails like
butterfly koi and are my very favorite of all my fish. They are shaped like
comets and the tail is long but not a fan tgail. Jerri

Hmm...well, to be honest, i have never done a search to see what a
shubunkin looks like. I thought about getting one because i like
saying "shubunkin" and could talk about my shubunkin!

When i get the bigger new pond built, i will check them out. I love my
orange and white big guy (gf) and the orange with a thin black line
down his back, but blue or like mad said, yellow, that would be cool.
I am not interested in running the sort of outfit it would take to
keep koi, though.
Old 16-08-2003, 02:12 PM
Jerrispond

but blue or like mad said, yellow, that would be cool.

I have never seen a yellow goldfish......the only colors of goldfish I have
seen are....red/orange, white, blue, and black. Jerri