Old 18-08-2003, 04:24 AM
AngrieWoman

Default Time for fishies...

LOL.

I do have a Lab / Border Collie pup, so the advice is heeded.

"Anne Lurie" wrote in message
BTW, if you happen to have retrievers around the pond, be prepared to

track
down the bag -- fish & all -- somewhere else in the yard!

Fortunately, my little goldfish survived their tour of the yard, and
eventually made it safely into the water garden!

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

"Lori" wrote in message

Thoughts on a happy transition, anybody?

Put them in plastic bag with their water, and close tight. Float bag
in pond for a few hours before dumping them in.

Old 18-08-2003, 08:32 AM
Karen Mullen

In article , "Anne Lurie"
writes:

BTW, if you happen to have retrievers around the pond, be prepared to track
down the bag -- fish & all -- somewhere else in the yard!

that was the best laogh I'd had in days!

Karen
Zone 5
Ashland, OH
http://hometown.aol.com/kmam1/MyPond/MyPond.html
My Art Studio at
http://members.aol.com/kmmstudios/K....M.Studios.html
for email remove the extra extention

Old 18-08-2003, 09:43 AM
Karen Mullen

In article k.net,
"AngrieWoman" writes:

do have a Lab / Border Collie pup, so the advice is heeded.

does he like the water or not? I have 2 border collies, who will do anything
to avoid getting wet. my neighbors lab cannot be removed from the pond without
a fight. should be interesting to see which breed wins out...

Old 18-08-2003, 03:03 PM

well when Jo Ann gets fish in from overseas they have to have candles burning. There
is some kind of gas given off by the fish for the first couple days that give them
ripping headaches, but burning candles gets rid of the gas. I suspect methane.
Ingrid

"Phyllis and Jim Hurley" wrote:

Valuable data on the value of CO2! Smell with mixed water is interesting.
Never saw that before!

Thanks.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Old 18-08-2003, 07:13 PM
Lynn Strickland

There is some kind of gas given off by the fish for the first couple days

that give them ripping headaches

How can you tell when your fish has a ripping headache? ; )