Old 17-08-2003, 07:02 AM
AngrieWoman

Default K30a - question

I wandered to your site - how do you grow cattails in a container?

Can you over winter them, or do you replace them annually?

Don't you get mosquitoes in your little pondlets?

IT,
"K30a" wrote in message ...

Hi Alan,
I'd love to find a place around Baltimore that removes unwanted
wildlife from homes, and ask them to release some of their found rat snakes

Now that's an interesting concept.
The labradors would LOVE to catch your squirrels, they have been humiliated by
the locals here and are itching for revenge.

k30a
and the watergardening labradors
http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...dors/home.html
Old 17-08-2003, 07:32 AM
jammer

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 05:42:37 GMT, "AngrieWoman"
wrote:

Don't you get mosquitoes in your little pondlets?

Not if we add little fishlets...

Old 17-08-2003, 04:32 PM
K30a

AngrieWoman wrote

I wandered to your site - how do you grow cattails in a container?

When my fellows go hunting in the fall they bring me back all sorts of stuff.
One year I took the fuzz off the cattails. I added garden soil into the
container, smeared the fuzz around in it and filled it with water.
I think the cattail tub is in its fourth summer. It winters over just fine in
our zone 7a winters. It is also next to the house. The third tub out, the most
exposed tub, wintered over its black rush this year. The middle tub lost its
lotus, jj and I think, during a very early cold snap, but the arrowhead came
through fine.

Can you over winter them, or do you replace them annually?

I love dwarf papyrus and that one I replace annually. It grows in the middle
tub.

Don't you get mosquitoes in your little pondlets?

I use Mosquito Bits. I've used minnows, snails and tadpoles before but this
summer with so many 90+ days it is not a good environment for them. And with
West Nile I want to be extra careful. I also have three tubs in the yard in a
shady area. I grow rushes and duckweed in those tubs.

Old 18-08-2003, 05:03 AM
AngrieWoman

The arrowheads made it, eh?

I might try moving mine. I have it in water with no dirt, in the veggie
filter contraption I set up.

I really want cattails. I might try those in a container too. What the heck.

"K30a" wrote in message
AngrieWoman wrote

[...]

OT diets - OT K30a - (welcome back K30a!) D Kat Ponds 0 04-09-2003 09:54 PM
Hey k30a ? Bob H Ponds 6 14-08-2003 10:43 PM
K30a: illegal parrots feather Phyllis and Jim Hurley Ponds 4 12-07-2003 09:32 PM
k30a... are you a biologist? a teacher? Don Ponds 9 27-06-2003 03:08 PM
Thanks K30A Sue Alexandre Ponds 1 18-05-2003 05:56 AM