Old 21-08-2003, 02:32 PM
Sam Hopkins

Default Rosey reds vs. baby bass

Well my 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,003 rosey reds are down to
about 2,000 after my baby bass found out that they were good eating. One
bass nearly beached himself sucking them down.

In one area I saw two baby bass (about 5 inches long) swim past me and a
group of bluegill spawning. They looked like they were on a mission. They
headed straight towards a group of about 200 rosey reds that were hanging in
about 3 inches of water. Next thing you know there's a whole lot of
splashing....

Sam

Old 22-08-2003, 05:12 PM
Bob Adkins

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 09:27:22 -0400, "Sam Hopkins"
wrote:

Well my 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,003 rosey reds are down to
about 2,000 after my baby bass found out that they were good eating. One
bass nearly beached himself sucking them down.

In one area I saw two baby bass (about 5 inches long) swim past me and a
group of bluegill spawning. They looked like they were on a mission. They
headed straight towards a group of about 200 rosey reds that were hanging in
about 3 inches of water. Next thing you know there's a whole lot of
splashing....

Oh man, I can't wait to see that!

I'm seriously thinking of stocking mosquito fish and grass shrimp. When I go
fishing in a pond or lake, I bring a dip net. All I ever use for bait is
mosquito fish and grass shrimp on a flyrod. I catch all species on this
bait. Rosey reds may be too hard to catch. Whaddya think Sam?

1.5 feet and digging
Levees just finished, need to sew grass quick!

Bob
Old 22-08-2003, 09:42 PM
Sam Hopkins

My rosey reds all stay around the edge of the pond. I scooped some up in a
cup to check them out and to see if they were rosies or shiners. They swim
around in huge schools... Probably pretty easy to catch with a net.

Sam

Old 23-08-2003, 03:02 AM
Bob Adkins

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 16:35:28 -0400, "Sam Hopkins"
wrote:

My rosey reds all stay around the edge of the pond. I scooped some up in a
cup to check them out and to see if they were rosies or shiners. They swim
around in huge schools... Probably pretty easy to catch with a net.

Sold!

Easy to catch is my primary concern! :-)

Bob

Rosie Reds and Comets DePonder Ponds 3 05-09-2003 04:02 PM
Rosie Reds April1201 Ponds 15 12-08-2003 04:13 PM
Rosey Reds Sam Hopkins Ponds 14 31-07-2003 01:05 AM
Rosie Reds D. S. Ponds 3 02-06-2003 03:57 PM
Fragrant reds (was Pics (including Double Delight)) Daniel Hanna Roses 0 21-05-2003 10:20 PM