Old 25-08-2003, 05:32 PM
Dark Knight

Default Koi

Hello Folks,

Looking for a Koi group, and am wondering if this is the closest thing in
Newsgroups at the moment.

Thanks in advance!

DK

Old 25-08-2003, 06:02 PM
K30a

Hi DK!
We do have some koi experts here
(and I'm not one of them ;-)

There are a few other groups out
there - Roark's group specifically,
but, once again, I've lost the url.
Someone else will post it.

k30a
and the watergardening labradors
http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...dors/home.html
Old 25-08-2003, 07:12 PM
Lee Brouillet

Kathy, it's http://www.click2roark.com
DK, http://www.koivet.com has several extensive message boards covering
common questions, fish health, pond building, etc. There are many message
boards, but this is the only NG that I know of where you can discuss - and
expect to get answers - for koi (and goldies, etc.!)

Lee

Old 30-08-2003, 09:03 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

There is also www.koimag.com bulletin board. They call us the turtle and
tadpole group hrrumpt, little do they know that at least two that post
here, myself and Greg Young are graduates of the AKCA Koi Health Advisors
group and there are several others that are serious Koi Kichi Keepers here.
RichToyBox, Ingrid and Tom la Bron come to mind right off, who am I
forgetting, oh Lee too, who else folks, that are really up on water quality
issues and koi health?

The nice thing about this group is, we not only talk about koi, but we talk
about plants, alternative forms of filtration, other than the latest most
expensive NON-DIY filter other there, plus what to do, if anything, when
the turtles & tadpoles do show up. ;o) Most of all we won't reference you
to another group, we'll always try to answer your questions, even if
they're not always pond related. ) ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 31-08-2003, 01:02 AM

I am 100% koi ponder. that is, I built the pond for the fish, plants are there to
serve the koi. Including the netting for predator control and the whole thing.
turtles and tadpoles never see my pond, nor do bathing birds. Ingrid

~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:
There is also www.koimag.com bulletin board. They call us the turtle and
tadpole group hrrumpt,

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Old 31-08-2003, 07:02 AM
jammer

Really? I was wondering about people and their ponding intension the
other day. Mine was built for toads. 2 big goldfish may stay but
that's only because i let myself get attached to them. I go out and
say "Hey, Big Boy..." and he comes to the surface and lets me pet him
and i feed them a little. So, he stays for sure. But this whole
endeavor (and more to come...hopefully someday picture worthy) started
out with a plastic bowl with ice water for the toads in august. Now i
have built up a little jungle area for them to live in (and they do)
and have a 75 gallon breeding tank for them. It's real exciting to me.

~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:
There is also
www.koimag.com bulletin board. They call us the turtle and
tadpole group hrrumpt,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Old 31-08-2003, 07:12 AM
jammer

I wanted to add that i am not sure what i will do next, but i am
thinking a stream with more of a water feature. I want the sound of
running water.

Old 31-08-2003, 10:32 PM
FBCS

I appreciate you all, the information received here has keep me working at
this addition. Joann
s.com...