Old 02-09-2003, 04:02 PM
Doug

Default What a Pond!!

Here is the link:
http://www.yorkshirekoi.co.uk/ponds.php?id=83'

Old 02-09-2003, 05:12 PM
joe

Doug wrote:

Here is the link:
http://www.yorkshirekoi.co.uk/ponds.php?id=83'

I think I'm speechless. Wow.

Joe

Old 02-09-2003, 06:12 PM
Axolotl

"Doug" wrote in
:

Here is the link:
http://www.yorkshirekoi.co.uk/ponds.php?id=83'

Hmmmm. If that is a pond then maybe we need to rename this group
rec.puddles.
AXO
Old 02-09-2003, 06:32 PM
Lynn Strickland

Okay, this is now the second case I've had . . . pond envy

Old 02-09-2003, 10:04 PM
Chris + Jacqui

"Axolotl" wrote in message
. 130...
"Doug" wrote in
:

Here is the link:
http://www.yorkshirekoi.co.uk/ponds.php?id=83'

Hmmmm. If that is a pond then maybe we need to rename this group
rec.puddles.
AXO

LOL! It is beautiful, but I perfer the little pond I dug myself, that
requires very little maintenance and where I can see my fish for real, not
on TV.

Jacqui

Old 02-09-2003, 11:35 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 10:31:08 -0400, "Doug" wrote:

Here is the link:
http://www.yorkshirekoi.co.uk/ponds.php?id=83'

Thanks for the link, I figured this pond had to be on the web somewhere.
Too bad they don't give some of the story regarding it. The pond man who
help build this came to the PNKCA convention in Spokane in 2002, with lots
more slides. The one building pictured, is for the pump house only, the
pumps are in a sound proof room within the building. The filters are on a
computerized system, both the computer programmer, the owner and pond
builder can access the website to view the automatic backwashing schedule.
I do believe water parameters are also displayed there. The pond, the pump
house and the mature landscaping that was added cost in excess of a
million. The pond is heated w/o a cover during the winter, water vapor
bellows off it to the point that the fire dept ran a truck out there the
1st winter. )

What's really nice is this is a wealthy man with a heart. Those fish in the
main pond, if they don't turn out to be their best, or have flaws, he has
another big pond on the property where they go to live out their lives.
~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 02-09-2003, 11:35 PM
Anne Lurie

WOW!!!

We gotta make sure K30a gets a look at that pond -- *after* she gets out
of the hospital, that is!

The guy's house doesn't look too shabby, either! (It shows up toward the
end of the photos.)

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

Old 03-09-2003, 03:42 AM
Nedra

The plumbing overwhelmed me ... Looks like the
water works for a city. No envy from me - possibly
because I don't understand it.

The type of Pond I really Really like is the one that
runs from outside to inside the house - can you imgine
how glorious that would be?
Helen Nash had such a lovely pond
featured in her magazine several years ago .. sigh

Nedra

. com...

Old 03-09-2003, 03:02 PM

overkill. the guy must be a general contractor.

joe wrote:

Doug wrote:

Here is the link:
http://www.yorkshirekoi.co.uk/ponds.php?id=83'

I think I'm speechless. Wow.

Joe

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 03-09-2003, 09:42 PM
Karen Mullen

In article ,
writes:

overkill.

I agree, seems like everything was overdone. But then again I don't raise
prize koi so maybe it's all necessary.

Karen
Zone 5
Ashland, OH
http://hometown.aol.com/kmam1/MyPond/MyPond.html
My Art Studio at
http://members.aol.com/kmmstudios/K....M.Studios.html
for email remove the extra extention

Old 04-09-2003, 03:02 PM
Lee Brouillet

Wow, it must be nice to have so much money that you can indulge a hobby to
that extent. Now, when *I* win the Lottery . . . GBG.

Lee

Old 04-09-2003, 06:32 PM
Theo van Daele

Now, when *I* win the Lottery . . . GBG.

:-)

I first thought that guy was building a base-ball stadium ! ;-)

Theo

Old 11-09-2003, 06:13 AM
DoWnRiGhT x pNoY

im a young teen, and i love ponds. This guy is one rich homie...shoot...a pond
and a camera...WoW!
Old 11-09-2003, 06:14 AM
DoWnRiGhT x pNoY