Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2003, 03:04 AM
stricks760

Default Soil for Water Lillies

I'm putting in the liner and rocks next weekend (yeeha! after all summer of
digging and building the waterfalls). Plants will go in as soon as the
water settles [I still have a few growing months left, zone 10].

My local pond store said to put Lillies in half potting soil, half cat
litter. They guy wants to sell me a little bag of 'special' pond soil for
about 15 bucks.

Can I get something at Home Depot or Lowes that I can mix with cat litter
and get same results? Soil from elsewhere in my yard won't work, it's sand
with just about zero organic matter.

Thanks!