Old 19-09-2003, 05:26 AM
KenCo

Default OT more viruses

anyone else getting emailed (bogus) updates from Microsoft?
dont even think about using them, there all viruses.

Microsoft never email updates....

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced
Old 19-09-2003, 05:32 AM
Chagoi

Yes, I got them too. Actually I got 45 emails in the last 6 hours.
35 of whuch were SPAM, of those 35 17 were for MS updates.

This was my secound round, I had 8 MS updates over last weekend.

Chagoi

Old 19-09-2003, 06:13 AM
*muffin*

yup

myself & others I have talked to have had almost 50 today!!

Old 19-09-2003, 12:06 PM
C G

Sounds like a bunch of people in need of anti-virus software. I have
not received any, but most of the people I correspond with keep current
with their maintenance.

Old 19-09-2003, 01:22 PM
J.D. Stone

Interestingly enough, my server stops most of them. But, they want to let me
know how well they are doing so I get the same amount of spam anyway, saying
they stopped it. Got 40 this morning so I finally got smart enough to filter
the "potentially unsafe" messages.

Old 19-09-2003, 02:02 PM
KenCo

C G wrote:

Sounds like a bunch of people in need of anti-virus software. I have
not received any, but most of the people I correspond with keep current
with their maintenance.

my AV wont let the attachments through but another
52 recieved since last nite
I also have mail filtering and there still coming

Old 19-09-2003, 02:32 PM
Lee Brouillet

Yeh, I've counted 72 from last night until this morning. That and "failed
mail deliveries" . . . My computer is firewalled and virus protected - I'm
not "catching" them, just folks hoping I'll be stupid enough to open them
after being warned by the appropriate software. Some folks just have too
much time on their hands.

Old 19-09-2003, 04:24 PM
Gale Pearce

Yup - had 15 last night, right after midnight EST and 48 more at 8am today -
Norton is catching them all, but I have to sit here and click on Quarantine
after repair failed...........hmmmm.... - going to see if I can change
settings to either Quarantine with no repair or just plain delete
Gale :~)

Old 19-09-2003, 05:02 PM
joe

Yes, starting last night. Goto :

http://www.symantec.com/

For details

Joe

Old 19-09-2003, 06:02 PM
John Hines

KenCo wrote:

anyone else getting emailed (bogus) updates from Microsoft?
dont even think about using them, there all viruses.

Everybody is. Its "Swen", the newest one on the block.

http://news.com.com/2100-7349_3-5078696.html

Old 19-09-2003, 07:42 PM
KenCo

Sam Hopkins wrote:

Yeah I am getting one every 2 minutes.

I have spam filters and added 20+ today, that slowed the msgs.
to 4-5 hr 85+ got through so far....

Old 19-09-2003, 08:14 PM
Nedra

My email (OE) is clogged with 200+ not as yet downloaded.
I did open one of the SOBs -
got a notice from Norton that they stopped it or something.....
Can't access my email ... I am so angry with myself. computer
is soo slow.

Nedra

"KenCo" wrote in message
Sam Hopkins wrote:

Yeah I am getting one every 2 minutes.

I have spam filters and added 20+ today, that slowed the msgs.
to 4-5 hr 85+ got through so far....

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced

what happens to animal viruses that get inside of plants Archimedes Plutonium Plant Science 1 09-06-2004 03:23 PM
No more viruses pixi Ponds 25 28-09-2003 05:09 AM
OT changing settings (was more viruses) LeeAnne Ponds 2 24-09-2003 09:02 PM
Fried Norton's AntiVirus - any good ideas? ( OT more viruses) Nedra Ponds 11 22-09-2003 12:55 AM
Rasberry Viruses [email protected] United Kingdom 1 18-03-2003 07:56 PM