Old 28-09-2003, 01:32 AM
FBCS

Default Let's talk about Koizyme

I notice some recommend it, some can't live without it. Can you explain it's
benefits? Joann

Old 28-09-2003, 08:32 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 00:12:54 GMT, "FBCS" wrote:

I notice some recommend it, some can't live without it. Can you explain it's
benefits? Joann

Koizyme competes for the same food source that aeromonas bacterias live on
until they infect a fish with a wound. Thus it indirectly kills aeromonas
bacteria, so a fish with a predator or rock inflected wound doesn't get
infected. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Old 01-10-2003, 04:10 AM
RichToyBox

I have been using it since its inception about 4 or 5 years ago. I consider
it to be the silver bullet for preventing ulcers from forming. We had
serious problems our 2nd or 3rd year of ponding because we were ignorant of
water quality, over crowding, and fish health issues. KoiZyme came on the
market, got good reviews from Doc Johnson and in some of the koi mags so we
started using it real early in its introduction. Swear by it.

Oh, BTW, got power back on Thursday, but did not have cable before we left
for my 40th class reunion in Colorado. Got back yesterday and had a ton of
email, bills, and other things that couldn't be done without power and
internet. Now, I AM BACK.
--
RichToyBox

Old 01-10-2003, 08:09 AM
FBCS

Thanks Rich, I thought it was you I had heard giving raves for this product.
Should it be used consistently?
Glad your back it has been pretty quiet on rec.ponds I think many were w/o
power. Say hello to Donna, Leesa let us know you were fairing okay. Joann

Old 01-10-2003, 09:02 PM
RichToyBox

The product has a startup sequence that uses double doses for a while and
then it drops back the dosage to half amount once a week. I use the
maintenance dose all year long with my heated pond, but it is not needed for
most once the pond temperature drops below 50. If I see a scrape or bruise
on a fish that I suspect might become infected, I will treat twice a week
for a couple of weeks to try to keep the sore from getting started.
Rec.Ponds withdrawal was really getting to me with no power or internet.
--
RichToyBox

Old 01-10-2003, 11:02 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 18:17:26 GMT, "FBCS" wrote:

Thanks Jan, Is this something you use and would recommend for usage?

Yes, I highly recommend it. I even quizzed the originators of this stuff
regarding it when it first came out. I wanted to understand that it wasn't
just a similar bacteria like what we (hope) will seed a filter. What made
sense to me was the explanation that aeromonas thrive on the sluffed off
slime coat and therefore on the feces that are coated with said slime, the
Koizyme bacteria eats the dead slime, so the aeromonas have nothing to eat.
Works down to 50F according to a website I read today. ~ jan
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 01-10-2003, 11:02 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 02:40:16 GMT, "RichToyBox" wrote:

Got back yesterday and had a ton of
email, bills, and other things that couldn't be done without power and
internet. Now, I AM BACK.

OMGosh, I never thought about what would happen if I was without power to
pay bills via the net. I wonder how good they are about that, or if they
would say, "Too bad, so sad, happy late fees?" ~ jan
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 07-10-2003, 05:32 PM
K30a

Rich wrote Now, I AM BACK.

For good! :-)

k30a

KoiZyme and Ulcers Koi-Lo Ponds 1 07-02-2006 08:30 PM
Limozyme/ Koizyme, get it now b/4 it's too late Just Me \Koi\ Ponds 22 18-03-2004 09:35 AM
Let's talk about Koizyme FBCS Ponds 0 28-09-2003 01:25 AM
Let's Talk About Mulch Shiva Roses 20 19-07-2003 04:12 AM
voles (was Let's Talk About Mulch) Mark. Gooley Roses 0 15-07-2003 03:54 PM