Old 05-10-2003, 03:32 PM
Heather

Default Baby GF

I have been jealous all summer while I read post after post about baby GF.
I looked and looked and didn't see any despite seeing action between the 5"
GF. Yesterday while scooping out leaves I scooped a baby GF about an 1 1/4"
long. He looked dead. Oh well. There are maybe more. Turns out he was
just so cold he wasn't moving much. When I went to get it to show my DH it
had moved about a foot away from where I had dropped in on a big leaf. He
now gets to live in the house for the winter. I called him Hay-Sues - for
Jesus, resurected and lives again. Yeah, I know it's kinda corney.

How big will the babies be before they swim with the rest of the fish? The
rest are 3" to 6".

Thanks,
Heather
SW Ontario and COOOLD today - 37F

Old 05-10-2003, 11:45 PM
Barbara2245

"Heather" wrote in message ...
I have been jealous all summer while I read post after post about baby GF.
I looked and looked and didn't see any despite seeing action between the 5"
GF. Yesterday while scooping out leaves I scooped a baby GF about an 1 1/4"
long. He looked dead. Oh well. There are maybe more. Turns out he was
just so cold he wasn't moving much. When I went to get it to show my DH it
had moved about a foot away from where I had dropped in on a big leaf. He
now gets to live in the house for the winter. I called him Hay-Sues - for
Jesus, resurected and lives again. Yeah, I know it's kinda corney.

How big will the babies be before they swim with the rest of the fish? The
rest are 3" to 6".

Thanks,
Heather
SW Ontario and COOOLD today - 37F

They will swim with the big guys when they are sure the big guys won't
open their mouth and eat the fry. That is when they get around an
inch, which is when mine started feeding and swimming with them. Happy
water gardening.

2 baby koi, 1 baby plant ~ janj Ponds 6 14-05-2006 12:42 AM
What a treat! Baby water iris! (And Dallas question) jammer Ponds 0 16-02-2003 10:27 AM
Baby Squirrels, Was: Saw my first robin today :( zhanataya Gardening 2 08-02-2003 08:24 PM
Newbie Q: Baby spinach Irving Kimura Edible Gardening 4 04-02-2003 02:43 AM
BRRRR!!! BABY IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!!! Jo Gardening 0 24-01-2003 11:09 PM