Old 12-10-2003, 01:42 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Ponding is expensive, so are cats ;-)

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 03:41:07 GMT, "Nedra" wrote:

Jan, A word about kittens. They don't have to trained to Do
Anything. They come pre-trained. All they need is a tiny litter
box, food and fresh water.

Oh I know, I use to raise siamese, but there are other things about
kitties, cute as they are, I'd just as soon avoid. I like older animals
with dignity not to be caught climbing the drapes, etc. ;o)

Then again, I might want to invest in that kitty potty training device that
goes on the toilet, this might mean starting with a more non-dignified
kitty. Anyone use those? ~ jan
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 12-10-2003, 02:12 AM
dhponder

~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 03:41:07 GMT, "Nedra" wrote:

Jan, A word about kittens. They don't have to trained to Do
Anything. They come pre-trained. All they need is a tiny litter
box, food and fresh water.

Oh I know, I use to raise siamese, but there are other things about
kitties, cute as they are, I'd just as soon avoid. I like older animals
with dignity not to be caught climbing the drapes, etc. ;o)

Then again, I might want to invest in that kitty potty training device that
goes on the toilet, this might mean starting with a more non-dignified
kitty. Anyone use those? ~ jan
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Do they learn to flush too? No, never tried it.

deanna

Old 12-10-2003, 01:02 PM
Sue Walsh

Jammer,
Jan is right check out the rescue cats, there are rescue groups for
all breeds of cats. A year & a half ago I lost my beautiful Red
Abyssinian to cancer. She was 16 years old and we had her from a
kitten. We had purhased her after falling in love with the breed at
cat show. I didn't know about rescue groups back then and she cost us
a small fortune. After we lost her I found an Abyssinian rescue group
on line and now have another pure breed Abyssinian from the group for
a fraction of what I would have had to pay normally. There is also a
site from breeders who are retiring cats they have used for breeding
and putting them up for adoption, the fee is a lot less than you pay
for a kitten from these same breeders. They list the breeders cats by
breed type and Maine Coon is one of them. Check it out, I just went
to the site and I think a Maine Coon is on their feature page. Here
is the link

http://breedlist.com/retired/

Sue W
You can see my pond Rippling Waters at
http://community.webshots.com/user/aspenjd

~ jan JJsPond.us
Jammer,

Did you look into rescued Maine Coons? You all made me curious so I went
looking in my area and there were a lot to choose from.

Old 13-10-2003, 12:02 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:

Then again, I might want to invest in that kitty potty training device that
goes on the toilet, this might mean starting with a more non-dignified
kitty. Anyone use those? ~ jan

Do they learn to flush too? No, never tried it.
deanna

Amazingly they do, a wire is attached to the flusher handle some how and
using the cat's natural tendency to try to bury their duty, they hit the
wire and flush. ~ jan
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a