Old 08-12-2003, 05:32 PM
Robyn Rhudy

Default Goldfish frozen in ice!

I spent 2 hours yesterday scooping 10" of snow off the sides of my pond in
hopes I can get the net off in a few days if it warms up. This morning I
looked down over my pump area and saw a huge goldfish. The poor girl was
frozen in the ice, solid! I am so mad. If I had gotten the net off
sooner, she might be alive! The fish come up to gulp air in the openings
in the ice and hit the net which is frozen in.

Important Notice! Robyn's web site has moved from
http://userpages.umbc.edu/~rrhudy1/ to http://www.fishpondinfo.com. This
e-mail as well as the old site (which refers to the new site) will be
deleted on 9/24/04 by UMBC (I have no say in it). After that date,
please use the e-mail of instead of this e-mail.
Please spread the word that my site has moved. Thanks.

Chemist, preservationist, animal lover, aquarist, and ponder. -
Extensive web pages on animals, fish, and ponds. -
http://www.fishpondinfo.com
Free pond newsletter - sign up at my web site -
Finally! Buy Robyn's Pond Book at www.1stbooks.com -

Old 08-12-2003, 08:05 PM
Bill Spohn

Don't write her off yet - she might still be alive!
Old 08-12-2003, 08:05 PM
Gunnar

I once did a science fair project on cryogenics where I froze gold fish then
thawed them out . if you thaw slowly fish may come back good luck

Old 09-12-2003, 02:04 AM

G (Mon, 8 Dec 2003 14:55:55 -0500):
if you thaw slowly fish may come back good luck

Ted Williams, too?

--
'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`''`'`'`'`'`'`'`' `'`'`''`'`'`'`'`'`'`'
SLOTHEAD
Old 09-12-2003, 08:32 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

So sorry to hear of your misfortunes this winter Robyn. Wishing you better
times soon. ~ jan

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 12:21:50 -0500, Robyn Rhudy wrote:

I spent 2 hours yesterday scooping 10" of snow off the sides of my pond in
hopes I can get the net off in a few days if it warms up. This morning I
looked down over my pump area and saw a huge goldfish. The poor girl was
frozen in the ice, solid! I am so mad. If I had gotten the net off
sooner, she might be alive! The fish come up to gulp air in the openings
in the ice and hit the net which is frozen in.

http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Old 10-12-2003, 12:12 AM
Robyn Rhudy

The poor dude goldfish thawed out and is now bouncing on her side at the
base of the water. I'm going to try to pull back the net enough tomorrow
to get her out but the net is still frozen in. Sorry, she did not come
back to life. I still don't believe that's possible.

Important Notice! Robyn's web site has moved from
http://userpages.umbc.edu/~rrhudy1/ to http://www.fishpondinfo.com. This
e-mail as well as the old site (which refers to the new site) will be
deleted on 9/24/04 by UMBC (I have no say in it). After that date,
please use the e-mail of instead of this e-mail.
Please spread the word that my site has moved. Thanks.

Chemist, preservationist, animal lover, aquarist, and ponder. -
Extensive web pages on animals, fish, and ponds. -
http://www.fishpondinfo.com
Free pond newsletter - sign up at my web site -
Finally! Buy Robyn's Pond Book at www.1stbooks.com -

Sea Shepherd Announces: Seal Defense Campaign 2008! Sea ShepherdCrew to Shift from the Southern Ice to the Northern Ice [email protected] United Kingdom 1 06-04-2008 08:41 AM
cat chasing goldfish on ice mark Bannister Ponds 1 14-01-2006 12:49 AM
frozen pipes Drew Lovasi Ponds 4 16-02-2003 05:51 AM
Frozen Pipes? BenignVanilla Ponds 4 05-02-2003 11:40 PM
re Frozen Pipes? John Rutz Ponds 0 05-02-2003 05:10 PM