Old 02-06-2005, 05:52 PM
Dave

Default How much should i feed koi?

Hi,
I have just purchased 7, 3-4 inch koi. Could anyone tell me how much
i should feed them and when?

Old 02-06-2005, 06:15 PM
Snooze

"Dave" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,
I have just purchased 7, 3-4 inch koi. Could anyone tell me how much
i should feed them and when?

How large is the pond? If you feed them less food, they'll eat the insects
and algae instead of waiting for you to feed them. I feed mine once every
other day. Start with 1/8th cup, if they eat all of that in under 5 minutes,
add a little bit more.

Old 02-06-2005, 07:00 PM
Koi4Me

"Dave" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,
I have just purchased 7, 3-4 inch koi. Could anyone tell me how much
i should feed them and when?

============================
Seems everyone does it differently. There is obviously no "right" way
except not to overfeed where the food rots and fouls the water. I feed koi
that small several times a day, despite the algae, and insects that may fall
into the ponds. My adult koi get fed once or twice a day, never less than
once unless we're away for the weekend or it's storming.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.

Old 02-06-2005, 07:25 PM
UTBill

On 2 Jun 2005 09:52:40 -0700, wrote:

Hi,
I have just purchased 7, 3-4 inch koi. Could anyone tell me how much
i should feed them and when?

Get them fat and we'll have a BBQ.

This space for rent
Old 02-06-2005, 08:25 PM