Old 05-01-2004, 12:34 AM
Zookeeper

Default Return to the Pond ...

Well, after months of computer problems, ISP problems, family and pet
illnesses and deaths, ... I'm back!! Talk about withdrawal symptoms --
really miss this group when I can't get to it as often as I like.

And now for the pond ... it's still there, LOL! I didn't get all the
fall leaves out before the freeze and snow, but the fishies seem to be
surviving just fine for now. Will just have to do a little extra spring
cleaning in a FEW weeks.

Hope everyone enjoyed the holidays! The best gift delivered by Santa
this year was a digital camera to our 16yo son, so will be snapping some
pics of the pond, garden, pets and kids soon. Errrr, I mean, he will be
taking the pictures as I'm a typical mom, and know nothing about newer
technology, LOL!
--
Kathy, aka Zk
3500gal pond, 13 pond piggies

Old 06-01-2004, 03:33 PM
BenignVanilla

"Zookeeper" wrote in message
Well, after months of computer problems, ISP problems, family and pet
illnesses and deaths, ... I'm back!! Talk about withdrawal symptoms --
really miss this group when I can't get to it as often as I like.

snip

Zk...welcome back. The holidays are over so we can all focus on getting our
ponds ready for spring right? LOL.

BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

Old 06-01-2004, 07:09 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

The holidays are over so we can all focus on getting our
ponds ready for spring right? LOL.

Spoken like a true Neophyte. ;o) Actually after this winter, a real winter,
in the PNW, I'll even look forward to the start of the ponding season.
~ jan

Old 06-01-2004, 08:52 PM
Zookeeper

Sorry, lol!! The "FEW" was meant to be tongue in cheek. I'm sure it will
be April-May before the water gets back to 45-50*. Your winter did start
a little later than ours, but I suspect that our spring arrives later
than your spring gets going.
--
Kathy aka Zk

Old 06-01-2004, 08:57 PM
Zookeeper

BenignVanilla wrote:
Zk...welcome back. The holidays are over so we can all focus on getting our
ponds ready for spring right? LOL.

BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

Thanks BV. With two inches of powder snow on the ground (on top of 1-3
inches of icy snow left over from New Year's Day), and 2/3 of pond
covered in a thin layer of ice and snow, this is a good time to focus on
getting our ponds ready for spring. Actually, I think the "getting
ready" and planning starts as soon as we stop feeding the fish and get
the pond ready for winter. LOL. Gotta have something to do while my toes
are freezing.
--
Zk

Old 07-01-2004, 12:06 AM
Anne Lurie

Kathy, as a digital-camera owning grandma, I suggest you set the camera to A
or Auto & snap a few pix here & there. I've had my Canon Powershot for
nearly 2 years, and I'm planning to read the instruction book any day
ow -- not!

Glad to see you back

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

Old 07-01-2004, 03:36 PM
BenignVanilla

"Zookeeper" wrote in message
BenignVanilla wrote:
Zk...welcome back. The holidays are over so we can all focus on getting

our
ponds ready for spring right? LOL.

BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

Thanks BV. With two inches of powder snow on the ground (on top of 1-3
inches of icy snow left over from New Year's Day), and 2/3 of pond
covered in a thin layer of ice and snow, this is a good time to focus on
getting our ponds ready for spring. Actually, I think the "getting
ready" and planning starts as soon as we stop feeding the fish and get
the pond ready for winter. LOL. Gotta have something to do while my toes
are freezing.

I have plenty to do. I never did install my diffuser last year, so I need to
do that this spring. I have a ton of leaves in there, so I'll have that to
contend with. My biggest problem is the leak in the stream. It forces me to
do water changes, but I don't like being forced to do anything.

BV.
www.iheartmypond.com