Old 09-01-2004, 07:12 AM
Chagoi

Default Burning Down the Pond (Link Correction)

Mike Patterson wrote:

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 14:25:57 +1100, "Ken Russell"
wrote:

Sounds fine, as long as you like BBQd fish

Well, the pond is about 1300 gallons, and heat rises, and it's
outside, so maybe it wouldn't raise the water temp much. I hope.

Mike

I put a concrete pad and gas line in next to where I am putting the new
pond in spring. I will be able to sit
in front of the campfire and watch the flames reflect off the pond and
the waterfall.

Here are some pics of the first design made from scrap parts.

http://ourkoipond.com/Fire1.jpg
http://ourkoipond.com/Fire2.jpg
http://ourkoipond.com/Fire3.jpg
http://ourkoipond.com/Fire4.jpg
http://ourkoipond.com/Fire5.jpg
http://ourkoipond.com/Fire6.jpg

I also thought of putting one in the center of the 24' dia. area of the
new 12,000gal. pond.

I put a pdf file on my website so you can check out the gas Heat~N~Glo
Campfire base Retail Price $260.00
http://ourkoipond.com/PatioCampfire.pdf

You can build your own stone base around it or add their Rock Ring Fire
Pit Surround: Retail $210.00
See
http://www.heatnglo-lifestyle.com/cu...rePitSpecs.pdf

This is a little too big for your 1300 gal pond, the fire base is 14"
square and the stone ring is 22" dia X 8" high.
But it's a thought.

Disclaimer == I have not, nor will I ever receive any compensation for
this recommendation.

CHAGOI
HTTP://OURKOIPOND.COM