Old 18-01-2004, 09:05 PM
Broomhilda

Default Lawn Ornaments/Cranes, Herons

Trying to find a natural looking crane or heron lawn ornament to put by my
new pond. Can someone tell me where such an item might be available?
thanks.

Pixi, alias Broomhilda

Old 16-04-2004, 05:32 AM
Rich

Default Herons

Why a chimney flue in the bottom of the pond.

"Ka30P" wrote in message
Tips for herons, egrets and other fishing birds:
- netting over the pond
- chimney flue in the bottom of the pond
- put in an electric fido shock fence
- a motion activated sprinkler
- Migratory Bird Act forbids lethal methods,
heavy fines and jail time take away from pond time ;-)

good luck!
kathy :-)

Old 16-04-2004, 06:02 AM
Charles

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 00:27:34 -0400, "Rich"
wrote:

Why a chimney flue in the bottom of the pond.

it gives the fish a place to hide, where the heron can't get them.

--

- Charles
-
Old 16-04-2004, 01:06 PM
Sean Dinh

Ow, now I need a cave in the middle of the pond. At this rate, I won't
be done till next year.

Old 16-04-2004, 01:06 PM
Charles

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 00:36:40 -0700, Sean Dinh
wrote:

Ow, now I need a cave in the middle of the pond. At this rate, I won't
be done till next year.

You don't want to get done, if you do then you have to start another
pond, bigger this time.

--

- Charles
-

Old 17-04-2004, 03:14 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Sean Dinh" wrote in message
Ow, now I need a cave in the middle of the pond. At this rate, I won't
be done till next year.

snip

And don't forget cable...my fish love American Idol.

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

Old 17-04-2004, 04:02 PM
Charles

Just outside a fish hatchery near here there are trees FULL of egrets
and herons, probably 75 to 100 of them. They don't seem to mind at
all.

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 21:58:10 -0400, "Rich"
wrote:

Will the Heron strike if there to many trees around? I herd that they can't
take off well.

.. .

Old 17-04-2004, 07:58 PM
~ Windsong ~

"Rich" wrote in message
Why a chimney flue in the bottom of the pond.

===========================
Don't bother as they don't work. Most of our fish refused to enter these
flues. The bird waits patiently until the fish forget it's there then
snatches them up as they leave the flue. Nets work 100% of the time.
--
Carol....
"I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead."

Old 17-04-2004, 07:59 PM
~ Windsong ~

"Rich" wrote in message
Will the Heron strike if there to many trees around? I herd that they

can't
take off well.

-------------------------
Yes. Trees make no difference.
--
Carol....
"I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead."
http://www.heartoftn.net/users/windsong/index.html

Cranes (the bird kind) and pond fish kathy Ponds 3 11-05-2005 05:57 AM
Lawn Ornaments/Cranes, Herons Barbara2245 Ponds 6 15-01-2004 03:22 PM
Cranes? jojo Texas 5 05-04-2003 11:11 AM
Cranes? jojo Texas 5 19-03-2003 03:58 PM
Making Hypertufa ornaments for you lawn and garden. Page updated fillyflash Gardening 0 22-02-2003 01:03 AM