Old 27-01-2004, 01:32 AM
Michael Shaffer

Default MH or HPS Grow Light for Green Taro

Hey, which grow light would be better, if either? Mainly I want the
leaves to grow as big and tall as possible. I'm not sure which type
would be better for this.

Which light is better if I want the light to double as light for my
basement? Is MH more like daylight?

Thanks
Mike

Old 27-01-2004, 03:13 AM
John Hines

Michael Shaffer wrote:

Which light is better if I want the light to double as light for my
basement? Is MH more like daylight?

Yes, MH is more like daylight. In fact, you can get bulbs with a color
temp up in the 5000-6000K range, which is very much like sunlight.

HPS is a very yellow color, almost a monochrome. Effective, yes but not
pretty. Think of the yellow color street lamps.

Old 30-01-2004, 03:44 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Hi Mike,

I can tell you what some of the Master Gardeners use to start seedlings.
They use shop lights with 1 warm and 1 cool fluorescent bulbs.

A couple of key things beside light is to have the lights as close as
possible to the plants and use an oscillating fan to stimulate hormones so
the plants don't get leggy. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Hey, which grow light would be better, if either? Mainly I want the
leaves to grow as big and tall as possible. I'm not sure which type
would be better for this.

Which light is better if I want the light to double as light for my
basement? Is MH more like daylight?

Thanks
Mike

Full spectrum Light,Grow Light etc Oliver Norris United Kingdom 11 09-04-2011 04:55 PM
Overwintering Taro D Kat Ponds 5 09-11-2003 07:33 PM
Wanted - taro (Colocasia) for Sydney region Richard Wright Australia 0 17-08-2003 03:07 AM
Pond Photo`s - Ponder Eh?'s Taro ~ jan JJsPond.us Ponds 2 23-06-2003 08:40 AM
Fluorescent light vs. grow light michele Gardening 9 13-04-2003 08:20 AM