Old 30-01-2004, 02:12 AM
Michael Palmer

Default pump, pond suppliers

Hi everyone! I've been lurking around for a while on the Usenet here.
There is a lot of great information on here. I'm looking for some
good manufacturers of pond pumps, kits, etc. I own a landscape
construction company in Western Canada and we've built ponds before.
We've used the kits from "Micropond" and "aquascapes". We have found
they are limited and that you have to sacrifice something for
something else. We'd like a bit more flexibility. Does anyone know
who manufactures the pumps themselves, the bio-falls, etc. I
basically want to be able to put my own kits together if necessary to
better serve our customers. Also, I'd like to see some sites with
pictures of work others have done. I'll try to put ours up here as
soon as I can.
Michael
Old 30-01-2004, 08:18 PM
Ka30P

Also, I'd like to see some sites with
pictures of work others have done. I'll try to put ours up here as
soon as I can. Michael

Mine can be found here -

kathy 30acre :-)

Old 31-01-2004, 02:33 AM
RichToyBox

Michael,

I think that the skimmer used by "aquascapes" is the Pondsweep skimmer,
though Aquatic Eco has a couple of others similar. There is also the new
Salvio skimmer that appears to be better. As for pumps, I prefer Supreme
Mag drive pumps for the submerged pumps due to the low energy consumption
and reasonable prices, or better yet are the out of pond pumps like Sequence
and Wave which give higher flow rates and use less energy.
--
RichToyBox

om...

Old 31-01-2004, 05:48 PM
john rutz

..

Good for you! ) Some of us aren't too crazy about the kits either, but
mostly it is a rock-in-the-pond argument. Most ponders have enough in their
heads they don't need them in the pond too. ;o)

Also, I'd like to see some sites with
pictures of work others have done. I'll try to put ours up here as
soon as I can. Michael

Here's mine:
~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

and mine
http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 31-01-2004, 05:55 PM
john rutz

RichToyBox wrote:
Michael,

I think that the skimmer used by "aquascapes" is the Pondsweep skimmer,
though Aquatic Eco has a couple of others similar. There is also the new
Salvio skimmer that appears to be better. As for pumps, I prefer Supreme
Mag drive pumps for the submerged pumps due to the low energy consumption
and reasonable prices, or better yet are the out of pond pumps like Sequence
and Wave which give higher flow rates and use less energy.

I too prefer tha sequence pumps and have experimented with using them as
out of pond pumps although I do prefer keeping them in the pond

John Rutz

Pond Suppliers me Ponds 0 09-07-2004 08:03 PM
Zone 6...To Pump or not to pump? BenignVanilla Ponds 6 10-03-2004 11:18 PM
Pool Pump Cover (was Swimming pool filter/pump question) Raymond Luxury-Yacht Lawns 0 15-05-2003 07:56 PM
pulser pump video (Simplest pump in the world) Brian White sci.agriculture 24 26-04-2003 12:30 PM
pulser pump video (Simplest pump in the world) Oz sci.agriculture 13 18-02-2003 05:42 AM