Old 12-02-2004, 11:26 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Filter Design

"Phyllis and Jim Hurley" wrote in message
.. .
BV

Projects is a topic I recognize! So does Phyllis. Mine are about finding
which filter plants work best. Hers have to do with repainting the walls

of
the hall or cleaning my mess in a back room. I have to swing my head

around
to the project mode when I do hers. Mine are so much more fun for a
putterer...hers are appropriate and needed...but less fun for a putterer.
Enjoy your new filter...its sort of like my philadendron in the 70 gal

Oscar
tank.

snip

Well I started a remodel of the kitchen, it's at 90%, I still have to do the
toe kicks, moldings, handles, etc. I gutted the Master Bath...no end in
sight for that one. I replumbed the entire house with copper. I tore out 2
walls and am building a plyroom downstairs. Sounds to me like a new filter
that I don't need, is a good project for now.

BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

Old 12-02-2004, 11:26 PM
Ka30P

moldings

Do you know you can live years
and years and years and years
without moldings?

kathy :-)
(who periodically dusts off the moldings
that are stored in the garage which are as
old as youngest son (age 14).

Old 12-02-2004, 11:26 PM
Bonnie

Ka30P wrote:
moldings

Do you know you can live years
and years and years and years
without moldings?

kathy :-)
(who periodically dusts off the moldings
that are stored in the garage which are as
old as youngest son (age 14).

Boy, that's a fact. There is one strip of molding that
DH has in his shop that is 26 years old. It's for over
the front door, the rest of the room was done except for
one piece that must be fussy cut.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 12-02-2004, 11:26 PM
Ka30P

26 years old

lol!
And it probably isn't even world
record worthy... I bet some of those
pyramids weren't all the way finished.

kathy :-)
Old 12-02-2004, 11:26 PM
Ka30P

Old 12-02-2004, 11:26 PM
BenignVanilla

"Ka30P" wrote in message
moldings

Do you know you can live years
and years and years and years
without moldings?

kathy :-)
(who periodically dusts off the moldings
that are stored in the garage which are as
old as youngest son (age 14).

Could I pass this post on to my wife? She seems to disagree. LOL.

BV.

Old 13-02-2004, 04:42 AM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

You know, I was thinking about how we want people on rec.ponds to stay on
topic and deal with ponds. Isn't it interesting how the community of
friends drifts from ponds to mouldings to pyramids to wives desires of
husbands. But then, pyramids are related to filter designs and we are not
trying to sell one another our new cone shaped mouldings.

Nice to have friends.

Jim

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per child) at: jogathon.net

Old 13-02-2004, 01:59 PM
BenignVanilla

"Phyllis and Jim Hurley" wrote in message
. ..
You know, I was thinking about how we want people on rec.ponds to stay on
topic and deal with ponds. Isn't it interesting how the community of
friends drifts from ponds to mouldings to pyramids to wives desires of
husbands. But then, pyramids are related to filter designs and we are not
trying to sell one another our new cone shaped mouldings.

snip

We ARE on topic...see here...

Completed moldings make SO happy.
Happy SO let's me do other things which I enjoy and appear trivial.
My pond is one of those other things.

Therefore proper molding installation assists me in proper management of my
Pond.

Ah HA!!!

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

Old 13-02-2004, 04:38 PM

yes I would be sooooo happy to get our moldings done, but that is my job, not my DH
... he may do housework, but I do the work on the house. His preference. His mother
taught all her children, 3 boys to do housework. smile Ingrid

"BenignVanilla" wrote:

"Phyllis and Jim Hurley" wrote in message
You know, I was thinking about how we want people on rec.ponds to stay on
topic and deal with ponds. Isn't it interesting how the community of
friends drifts from ponds to mouldings to pyramids to wives desires of
husbands. But then, pyramids are related to filter designs and we are not
trying to sell one another our new cone shaped mouldings.

snip

We ARE on topic...see here...

Completed moldings make SO happy.
Happy SO let's me do other things which I enjoy and appear trivial.
My pond is one of those other things.

Therefore proper molding installation assists me in proper management of my
Pond.

Ah HA!!!

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/