Old 22-02-2004, 07:14 PM
Amanda Galiano

Default Leaky Bio Clear 5 Filter

Anyone have experience with this filter? I'm very disappointed with
it. The dealer told me it was the only thing they used on all their
clear, beautiful ponds and I got one and a lot larger pump. Not only
is it leaking, my pond was clearer when I was just using a Pondmaster
AND I actually had fish (I lost them all when I had to fix a leak).
Granted, I added some gallonage but there's nothing in there and it's
been covered all winter. There's no reason for it to be as murky as
it is. I digress.

My main problem is that the thing leaks. It's just a slow drip but it
leads me to having to fill 20-30 gallons every weekend. They set me
up with all the plumbing and out of the front outflow is a small PVC
pipe which is clamped on and leads to about 6 feet of the hard,
semi-flexible type tubing. They swear I just don't have the clamp
tight enough but I've tightened it so much the screw is getting
stripped. I even tried glueing the thing with PVC glue and that
doesn't work. Any ideas? I was thinking about getting some of the
stuff you use to patch ponds and seeing if that worked. I'm about to
ready to chunk the thing in their ponds :-)

Amanda
Old 22-02-2004, 10:52 PM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Sounds like helpful equipment providers (not).

Ought to be sealable. Have the dealer come out and tighten the clamp.

Jim

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per child) at: jogathon.net
om...