Old 23-02-2004, 05:29 PM
Bryan

Default How did you get power for your water pumps??

I ran ext cord last year, never had a good oppurnity to trench. Hopefully
there will be a nice day this spring, that I'm off work I can go to Home
Depot and rent a trencher ($20-$40/24hrs) well worth it for me. Being in OKC
you shouldn't have rocky soil, at least I have ony found 1 "rock" so far in
my diging of my pond, and it's a white gravel type rock from a
driveway/landscape stone, so not a natural rock for OK :-)

Bryan
http://www.safetybaby.com/yard/yard.htm

"cowboy" wrote in message
om...
The location that I want to put my koi pond is at the other end of my
yard, away from any power outlets from my house. How did you
guys/gals get power to your pumps?

I am also in Oklahoma City, so if anyone here has any good ideas such
as plant life that grows good here it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

Old 23-02-2004, 05:29 PM
REBEL JOE

You need to run a GFI outlet from your house to the pond. I ran my line
thur pvc pipe out to a post. On my site I think theres a pic of it
somewhere. Make sure you use a gfi it might save your life some day.

http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND

Old 23-02-2004, 05:29 PM
joe

That's what I did in San Diego too. The only thing about the conduit that is
important is that you must run individual wires, not cable because it will
overheat in the conduit.

Joe

On 2/23/04 7:03 AM, " wrote:

in our area of wisconsin I can attach pvc pipe to the fence and run the wire
thru
that. it is "code". Ingrid

Old 23-02-2004, 05:38 PM
PlainBill

The ponds are at the edge of our patio, and about 20' from the breaker
box. Conduit runs along a patio beam to a series of outlets with
individual GFCI protection (so when one pump went bad, the other kept
running).

It was installed by the previous owner, but I still feel smug I didn't
have to dig a 200' trench like some of you guys. G

PlainBill