Old 29-02-2004, 10:57 PM

Default sign of spring

We've had a couple of 60 degree days here in Baltimore. I went outside
today to look at the pond, and my painted turtle was swimming around.
When the weather cools againn, he'll go back to sleep for a while, but it
was nice to see he made it through another hibernation.

This means it's about time for me to solicit toad tadpoles from anyone in
this area.

Alan

**** Please use address alanh[at]min.net to reply via e-mail. ****

Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564 and eComStation 1.1

Old 01-03-2004, 05:02 AM
~ Windsong ~

wrote in message
ganews.com...
We've had a couple of 60 degree days here in Baltimore. I went outside
today to look at the pond, and my painted turtle was swimming around.
When the weather cools againn, he'll go back to sleep for a while, but it
was nice to see he made it through another hibernation.

This means it's about time for me to solicit toad tadpoles from anyone in
this area.

====================
We saw a frog sitting on the stone necklace of our smallest pond last week -
here in middle Tennessee. It was a sunny day in the 50s.
--
Carol...
My website:

Old 02-03-2004, 02:02 AM
Denise

There's still about a foot of snow covering my gardens and ponds but we
had temps near 50 the last few days so the stuff is finally melting :-)

I can't wait to stop digging in my dreams and start digging my new,
bigger koi pond for real!

Denise

Visit my gardens:

http://web1.in4web.com/mtcdrc

Old 02-03-2004, 03:41 PM
~ Windsong ~

"Denise" wrote in message
There's still about a foot of snow covering my gardens and ponds but we
had temps near 50 the last few days so the stuff is finally melting :-)
I can't wait to stop digging in my dreams and start digging my new,
bigger koi pond for real!

======================
I know that feeling. :-)

Today our fish were swimming all around the pond and picking at the algae on
the sides of the liner. They'll soon be spawning and we expect more baby
koi again this year. We need to thin them out again.....

Old 02-03-2004, 03:52 PM
jammer

I saw a gecko 2 days ago. That's always a good sign.

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 02:20:49 -0600, "~ Windsong ~"
wrote:

"Denise" wrote in message
There's still about a foot of snow covering my gardens and ponds

but we
had temps near 50 the last few days so the stuff is finally melting

:-)

Old 02-03-2004, 07:20 PM
BenignVanilla

wrote in message
ganews.com...
We've had a couple of 60 degree days here in Baltimore. I went outside
today to look at the pond, and my painted turtle was swimming around.
When the weather cools againn, he'll go back to sleep for a while, but it
was nice to see he made it through another hibernation.

This means it's about time for me to solicit toad tadpoles from anyone in
this area.

Alan, we had several hundres (maybe thousand?) eggs in our pond last year,
and some taddies. Never saw then again after a few weeks. Depending on what
happens, I may have some for you and I am in Ellicott City.

BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

Old 03-03-2004, 12:40 AM

In , on 03/02/04
at 09:22 AM, "BenignVanilla" said:

Alan, we had several hundres (maybe thousand?) eggs in our pond last
year, and some taddies. Never saw then again after a few weeks. Depending
on what happens, I may have some for you and I am in Ellicott City.

Thanks. I'd appeciate it. Tads, even adult toads (my garden gets full of
slugs.)

Nice 72 degrees today, wasn't it?

Old 03-03-2004, 04:06 AM
~ Windsong ~

wrote in message
ganews.com...
Thanks. I'd appeciate it. Tads, even adult toads (my garden gets full of
slugs.)
Nice 72 degrees today, wasn't it?

=======================
We have loads of toads, assorted frogs, snakes, newts, lizards and
salamanders and STILL have zillions of slugs and snails.
--
Carol...
My website:
http://www.heartoftn.net/users/windsong/index.html
[Insert humorous, clever or profound quote here]

Allotment agreement with Council - sign or not sign Rajinder Nijjhar United Kingdom 7 20-03-2010 10:05 AM
First real sign of spring Cheryl Isaak Gardening 4 23-03-2006 11:53 AM
sign of spring [email protected] Ponds 0 29-02-2004 10:57 PM
sign of spring [email protected] Ponds 0 29-02-2004 10:57 PM
No Sign of Spring here in Bronx, Ny Zone 6 MISSYMAGICGIRL Ponds 1 09-02-2003 06:55 PM