Old 08-03-2004, 01:03 AM
aslng

Default painting a pond?

Is it a good idea to paint a concrete pond (underground) used for koi and
goldfish to make it look better?
I think of using rubber based pond enamel from pond supply. Though, can any
rubber based paint from Home Depot or Yard Bird be fine?
How about the color? Any suggetion? Sea Green, Blue Mist, etc.?

Thanks.

Old 08-03-2004, 04:07 AM
KenCo

aslng wrote:

Is it a good idea to paint a concrete pond (underground) used for koi and
goldfish to make it look better?
I think of using rubber based pond enamel from pond supply. Though, can any
rubber based paint from Home Depot or Yard Bird be fine?
How about the color? Any suggetion? Sea Green, Blue Mist, etc.?

Thanks.

Dri Lok (Home Depot) when dry is fish safe
and comes in colors.

http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Linux (SuSE 8.2) user #329121
Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced

Old 08-03-2004, 02:24 PM
BenignVanilla

"aslng" wrote in message
m...
Is it a good idea to paint a concrete pond (underground) used for koi and
goldfish to make it look better?
I think of using rubber based pond enamel from pond supply. Though, can

any
rubber based paint from Home Depot or Yard Bird be fine?
How about the color? Any suggetion? Sea Green, Blue Mist, etc.?

I don't have a concrete pond, but I can say from my experience and from
viewing other ponds...the surface will be covered with a nice layer of
living goo in no time flat. Coloring the surface is probably a waste of
time.

BV
www.iheartmypond.com

Old 09-03-2004, 07:06 AM
aslng

Thanks BV.

"BenignVanilla" wrote in message

"aslng" wrote in message
m...
Is it a good idea to paint a concrete pond (underground) used for koi

and
goldfish to make it look better?
I think of using rubber based pond enamel from pond supply. Though, can

any
rubber based paint from Home Depot or Yard Bird be fine?
How about the color? Any suggetion? Sea Green, Blue Mist, etc.?

I don't have a concrete pond, but I can say from my experience and from
viewing other ponds...the surface will be covered with a nice layer of
living goo in no time flat. Coloring the surface is probably a waste of
time.

BV
www.iheartmypond.com

Painting Chain Link Fence AuralFeast Gardening 7 06-05-2003 02:20 AM
painting fence margaret Gardening 1 27-04-2003 05:44 AM
Korean Literati Painting Bart Thomas Bonsai 0 24-01-2003 03:55 AM
[IBC] Have anyone heard of Rhodonite (Rose Stone) "Painting"? Anton Nijhuis Bonsai 5 24-01-2003 03:46 AM
Greenhouse painting martyn birch United Kingdom 3 02-11-2002 11:01 PM