Old 02-11-2002, 07:29 PM
martyn birch

Default Greenhouse painting

Any point in sealing panes in with silicone sealant?

Old 02-11-2002, 10:43 PM
DaveDay34

Any point in sealing panes in with silicone sealant?

Yes, it helps to keep the greenhouse (assuming that's where the panes are
situated) watertight.

Dave.
Old 02-11-2002, 10:53 PM
Mike

In article , martyn birch
writes
Any point in sealing panes in with silicone sealant?

I put ours in with silicone and everything seems OK. How I am going to
get the panes out when they need replacing I don't Know. Cross that
bridge when I come to it.

Mike

O ruddier than the cherry, O sweeter than the berry,
O nymph more bright, than moonshine night,
like kidlings blithe and merry.
John Gay 1685 - 1732

Old 02-11-2002, 11:01 PM
William Tasso

"Mike" wrote:
In article , martyn birch
writes
Any point in sealing panes in with silicone sealant?

I put ours in with silicone and everything seems OK. How I am going to
get the panes out when they need replacing I don't Know. Cross that
bridge when I come to it.

Silicone never actually sets iirc. You should be able to break the 'seal'
with a stanley knife (box cutter as our colonial friends say) without too
much difficulty.

--
William Tasso - The road to hell is littered with fallen webmasters.
http://www.tbdata.com/

Painting Fence Jan United Kingdom 3 06-03-2004 09:47 PM
Painting Chain Link Fence AuralFeast Gardening 7 06-05-2003 02:20 AM
painting fence margaret Gardening 1 27-04-2003 05:44 AM
Korean Literati Painting Bart Thomas Bonsai 0 24-01-2003 03:55 AM
[IBC] Have anyone heard of Rhodonite (Rose Stone) "Painting"? Anton Nijhuis Bonsai 5 24-01-2003 03:46 AM