Old 13-03-2004, 11:46 AM
tojo

Default Ducks a liner hazard?

Hi all,

we have two ducks that visit our pond, and they constantly poke around
the edges and bottom. That's cute and all, but has anyone heard of ducks
actually poking a hole in the liner? Our linear is 1.5mm

Thanks,
Tom

Duck pics here (category "Guests") = www.tojobaer.de/photoalbum/

Old 13-03-2004, 02:15 PM
REBEL JOE

Not sure about the liner but wonder, Do you have any fish left?

http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND

Old 13-03-2004, 02:15 PM
REBEL JOE

Old 13-03-2004, 02:33 PM
John Hines

tojo wrote:

Hi all,

we have two ducks that visit our pond, and they constantly poke around
the edges and bottom. That's cute and all, but has anyone heard of ducks
actually poking a hole in the liner? Our linear is 1.5mm

Ducks have claws at the ends of their webbed feet, if the liner is
exposed where they go in/out, they may tear it.
Old 13-03-2004, 06:31 PM
Ka30P

I had ducks visit my two ponds, no damage but
I think my liner might be thicker.

The biggest worry about ducks is the amount of duck poo they deposit in the
water.

Our ducks were fairly shy and only stayed a couple of hours. Long enough for
the labradors to finish their morning nap and want out.

kathy :-)

Old 14-03-2004, 04:38 AM
Zookeeper

We also have a neighborhood pair that stop in several times each spring.
When not plopping down in our pond for a quick swim, they wander about
the area, visiting front and back yards, eating bugs, slugs and snails.
--
Zk aka Kathy

John Hines wrote:
I've a pair of mallards, due back any day. Quite happy to land in the
pond, eat at what is under the feeder, drink, batch, poop, and mess up
the pond ...

This will be like the 4th year the same pair (AFAIK) has come back.
They nest at the local park district pond, but come here to feed in the
spring.

Above Ground Container Pond - Water Hazard :/ Daniel Phillips Ponds 28 17-08-2004 09:08 PM
sphagnum hazard bb Orchids 30 15-11-2003 07:42 PM
Tiny flies- a hazard for young indoor plants? Joe B. United Kingdom 6 20-06-2003 08:08 AM
Answer: Ducks, Witches, Wood and my VF liner BenignVanilla Ponds 7 03-06-2003 04:20 AM
mulch fertilizer may pose hazard to dogs TOM KAN PA Gardening 15 05-04-2003 06:44 PM