Old 10-04-2004, 04:35 PM
rob.smith4

Default Comet Problem

Hi one of my comets is having a hard time,it is fine when it swims but as
soon as it stops it goes onto its side and lies at the bottom of the pond,I
thought it was dying but it has been like this for a while now can anybody
shed some light on this for me,all my other fish are fine.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 11-04-2004, 08:02 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 16:31:52 +0100, "rob.smith4"
wrote:

Hi one of my comets is having a hard time,it is fine when it swims but as
soon as it stops it goes onto its side and lies at the bottom of the pond,I
thought it was dying but it has been like this for a while now can anybody
shed some light on this for me,all my other fish are fine.
Thanks in advance for any help.

I had a koi do this, due to gill fukes. I used Prazi, but it's pretty
pricey to use, and difficult to mix, as a shot gun treatment, if it isn't
flukes. You might want to try a salt dip.

~ jan (Do you know where your water quality is?)
Old 11-04-2004, 04:02 PM

actually a peroxide dip will kill the flukes if it is flukes.
Jo Ann's PEROXIDE DIP for Goldfish

1 part 3% peroxide (like in drug store)
9 parts water

dip for 10 SECONDS ONLY

USES:
this kills flukes, both gyros and dacs

but I am wondering about how much aeration there is in the pond. I have also seen
koi and GF do this when shipped in spring. they come in from shipping and are put
into cold water .... some kind of mineral loss due to shipping and/or cold water.
they seem to recover on their own. Ingrid

wrote:

Hi one of my comets is having a hard time,it is fine when it swims but as
soon as it stops it goes onto its side and lies at the bottom of the pond,I
thought it was dying but it has been like this for a while now can anybody
shed some light on this for me,all my other fish are fine.
Thanks in advance for any help.

I had a koi do this, due to gill fukes. I used Prazi, but it's pretty
pricey to use, and difficult to mix, as a shot gun treatment, if it isn't
flukes. You might want to try a salt dip.

~ jan (Do you know where your water quality is?)

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Lemon Comet, retry WilsonKKW Ponds 0 13-07-2004 02:02 PM
I Think We Have a Comet BenignVanilla Ponds 4 23-11-2003 04:22 AM
Comet-Mouth Problem Szpond Ponds 7 15-10-2003 03:02 PM
My Comet David Hahn Ponds 4 07-08-2003 04:42 AM
dead koi/upside down comet info Bruce Ponds 7 02-08-2003 06:13 PM