Old 17-04-2004, 03:39 PM
Offbreed

Default Killing fish ... sorry : (

Lee B. wrote:

I understand what you're saying, and I don't disagree. Perhaps a one-way
trip doesn't have any pain associated with it . . . but the idea of my
eyeballs crystallizing before my body core shuts down on my way to that
one-way trip isn't appealing.

"Gory" does not equal "cruelty". Being "Icky" does not mean it's
cruel, either.

Old 17-04-2004, 03:41 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Offbreed" wrote in message
Lee B. wrote:

I understand what you're saying, and I don't disagree. Perhaps a one-way
trip doesn't have any pain associated with it . . . but the idea of my
eyeballs crystallizing before my body core shuts down on my way to that
one-way trip isn't appealing.

"Gory" does not equal "cruelty". Being "Icky" does not mean it's
cruel, either.

Tomato, Tomahto. Crystallizing any part of a living creature is cruel.

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

Old 17-04-2004, 08:02 PM

your brain wouldnt register your eye "crystallizing". this crystallizing thing is
out of control.
only nerve cells can transmit "pain" to the brain. all other cells have no pain
receptors. right now huge numbers of your cells are biting the dust without any
conscious awareness on the person's part. in fact, people with Alzheimers are losing
brain cells with no awareness either. Many parts of the body dont have pain
receptors either, or the kind of pain receptors that are affected by ice crystals.
example: I can take blood from the plexus behind a mouses eye by gently punching a
capillary tube into the area. the mouse feels no pain, nor does this blind the
mouse. how do I know? pinch the tail on a mouse and it screams. take blood, no
screaming.
cold temperatures slow down pain transmission and eventually stop it completely.
pain is not some mysterious quantity. it exists within the laws of physics. the
entire metabolism of the fish winds down as temp winds down. and a mere drop in
temperature of a few degrees (hypothermia) renders people insensible.
so cold not only stops transmission along the nerve axon, it also shuts down
reception of the signal. Ingrid

"Lee B." wrote:

I understand what you're saying, and I don't disagree. Perhaps a one-way
trip doesn't have any pain associated with it . . . but the idea of my
eyeballs crystallizing before my body core shuts down on my way to that
one-way trip isn't appealing. And I realize that I'm anthropomorphizing
here. It's a perfectly acceptable method for a lot of people. And it's
preferable to a LOT of other methods of heard of. It's just not one *I'd*
use, but then - I have oil of clove *and* MS-222 in my cabinet.

Lee

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Old 17-04-2004, 08:11 PM

"Lee B." wrote:

I understand what you're saying, and I don't disagree. Perhaps a one-way
trip doesn't have any pain associated with it . . . but the idea of my
eyeballs crystallizing before my body core shuts down on my way to that
one-way trip isn't appealing. And I realize that I'm anthropomorphizing
here. It's a perfectly acceptable method for a lot of people. And it's
preferable to a LOT of other methods of heard of. It's just not one *I'd*
use, but then - I have oil of clove *and* MS-222 in my cabinet.

Lee

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

pump gone - need fish info please - long sorry elaine Ponds 7 25-02-2007 02:07 PM
sick fish? (long-sorry) Cheryl Ponds 4 10-05-2004 03:06 PM
Killing Fish - Update Nanceemo Ponds 1 04-05-2004 02:08 AM
Killing fish ... sorry : ( reply from Nancy Nanceemo Ponds 6 18-04-2004 02:08 AM
Killing algae in fountain (no fish or plants) ? Folklore Ponds 4 14-06-2003 07:44 AM