Old 20-04-2004, 04:06 AM
Steve Shapson

Default How to clean a new pond???

I built a 22x22 ft pond last year, putting pump in this spring. There are a
few small goldfish already in it, 5-6 inches. There is a layer of green
algea on the bottom. Do I need to vacumn this all up before adding the pump?
How much organic matter is ok?

I will need about 80 feet of tubing to run the external pump and supply the
four foot high waterfall and 60 stream. The price of this tubing is high
from the pond industry. Is there an alternative tubing source for the same
product?

--
Steve Shapson

Old 21-04-2004, 01:07 AM
RichToyBox

If the bottom is covered with just algae, this is good. Don't do anything
with it. As for the piping, the big box stores have the flexible pvc pipe,
but it is expensive, whereever you get it. You might get some of it to make
the plumbing simple where there would be a lot of bends and then connect it
to straight pvc pipe, which is much cheaper. The same fittings fit both.
--
RichToyBox