Old 13-05-2004, 06:06 PM
Bonnie

Default adding plants

Steve and Lisa wrote:
I've wanted to add plants for a few weeks now, but every time I go to the
two local pond suppliers they tell me I cannot add them yet. We are in NE
Ohio......are they correct...cause I'm getting pea soup now and really would
like to get those plants in! (Not to mention it's been 80F here, how warm
does it need to be!)

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

I think many places tell you it's too early, when in fact,
they might not have the plants yet. If the plants are hardy
they should be able to go into the pond now. It's still too
early for tropicals though.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 13-05-2004, 08:08 PM
Newbie Bill

I have had most of my plants in the pond since March. True I am in soon to
be hot Texas but surely May in Ohio can't be much colder than March in
Texas. I vote for the -"We don't have them yet because they aren't thriving
in this part of the country yet" theory. If the algae is flourishing
conditions should be at least reasonable for desirable plant life to begin
growing as well.
Have Fun!!
Bill Brister - Austin, Texas

Old 13-05-2004, 10:05 PM
Heather

Hi Lisa:

In SW Ontario I have added my tropicals. I do however keep a close eye on
the weather forecasts and will bring the tropicals into the garage if a cold
night is suspected. My water temp is 65F now.

Heather

Old 14-05-2004, 03:10 PM
Steve and Lisa

Thanks everyone! Going to get some plants and put them in this weekend.
Yipeeee! (I think the fish will be happy.)

Lisa