Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-05-2004, 07:37 AM
Booser

Default Snapping Turtles

I have a bunch of snapping turtles in my pond (I've caught two distinct
ones already). I caught a catfish in my pond the other day and it had
part of its intestines exposed.

I would really like to get rid of them. I used to take an old milk
chug, tie two hooks about a foot from each other on to it, catch a creek
chub or a small blue gill, cut it in half, put the ends on each hook,
and throw it in the water. Unfortunately, due to recent flooding, creek
chubs have been hard to come by. What else would work good in
attracting snapping turtles so that they can be "humanely" disposed of.
It can't be something that falls off the took too easily or be slowly
picked at by small fish.