Old 02-06-2004, 07:05 PM
George

Default My Pond Pictures

I finally broke down and bought a decent digital camera. These are the first
taken with it of my pond. Today is the first full year with the pond up and
running. Here is the link. Enjoy:

http://bellsouthpwp.net/r/o/rockcat/...%20Picture.htm

Old 02-06-2004, 08:05 PM
Gareee©

" George" wrote in message
.. .
I finally broke down and bought a decent digital camera. These are the

first
taken with it of my pond. Today is the first full year with the pond up

and
running. Here is the link. Enjoy:

http://bellsouthpwp.net/r/o/rockcat/...%20Picture.htm

The pond might be up and running, but your pictures aren't..

Old 02-06-2004, 08:05 PM
joe

Your images don't load.

Joe

On 6/2/04 10:52 AM, "George" wrote:

I finally broke down and bought a decent digital camera. These are the first
taken with it of my pond. Today is the first full year with the pond up and
running. Here is the link. Enjoy:

http://bellsouthpwp.net/r/o/rockcat/...thday%20Pictur
e.htm

Old 02-06-2004, 08:05 PM
grubber

" George" wrote in message
.. .
I finally broke down and bought a decent digital camera. These are the

first
taken with it of my pond. Today is the first full year with the pond up

and
running. Here is the link. Enjoy:

http://bellsouthpwp.net/r/o/rockcat/...%20Picture.htm

Your picture links go onto your c:/ drive. You need to upload them to your
bellsouthpwp account.

Old 02-06-2004, 08:05 PM
George

"Gareee©" wrote in message
" George" wrote in message
.. .
I finally broke down and bought a decent digital camera. These are the

first
taken with it of my pond. Today is the first full year with the pond up

and
running. Here is the link. Enjoy:

http://bellsouthpwp.net/r/o/rockcat/...%20Picture.htm

The pond might be up and running, but your pictures aren't..

I fixed them. Try again. Sorry about that.

Old 02-06-2004, 08:06 PM
George

"Gareee©" wrote in message
" George" wrote in message
.. .
I finally broke down and bought a decent digital camera. These are the

first
taken with it of my pond. Today is the first full year with the pond up

and
running. Here is the link. Enjoy:

http://bellsouthpwp.net/r/o/rockcat/...%20Picture.htm

The pond might be up and running, but your pictures aren't..

Well, I thought I fixed it, but it apparently still doesn't show the picture in
the table. You can still click on each cell and the individual pictures will
show up. Sorry for the mess, but I am not an expert on code. I'll re-post the
link when I am certain it works completely. In the meantime, just click in each
cell of the table and the pictures will download.

Old 02-06-2004, 09:07 PM
George

" George" wrote in message

"Gareee©" wrote in message
" George" wrote in message
.. .
I finally broke down and bought a decent digital camera. These are the

first
taken with it of my pond. Today is the first full year with the pond up

and
running. Here is the link. Enjoy:

http://bellsouthpwp.net/r/o/rockcat/...%20Picture.htm

The pond might be up and running, but your pictures aren't..

Well, I thought I fixed it, but it apparently still doesn't show the picture
in the table. You can still click on each cell and the individual pictures
will show up. Sorry for the mess, but I am not an expert on code. I'll
re-post the link when I am certain it works completely. In the meantime, just
click in each cell of the table and the pictures will download.

All the pictures show show up now.

Old 02-06-2004, 09:08 PM
George

"joe" wrote in message ...
Your images don't load.

Joe

They should now. Sorry about that.

Old 02-06-2004, 09:09 PM
Gareee©

working now.. and looking good!

BTW what kind of fish is that yellow catfish?

--
Gareee©
Homepage:

Old 02-06-2004, 09:10 PM
George

"Gareee©" wrote in message
working now.. and looking good!

BTW what kind of fish is that yellow catfish?

That is an albino channel catfish. It does have a yellowish tint, but that is
mostly the lighting and the tint of the water playing tricks. When you see him
up close and at the surface, there is almost no coloration in him at all. In
fact, it is very hard to photograph because the pictures tend to overexpose. It
is about 24 inches long, was raised from a fingerling, and weighs about 3-5 lbs.
It eats whatever it wants, in case you were wondering. And lots of whatever it
wants. It generally leaves the other fish alone except at dinner time. So I
feed the others on one end, and feed it on the other end to keep them separated.
He will eat feeder goldfish, but I generally don't feed him live food because
being albino he is susceptible to infections. He gets shrimp in the morning and
dry food in the evening, although I fed him a little bit of dry food this
afternoon to get him to pose for the camera. I have to be careful when feeding
him and taking pictures at the same time, because although he is used to me, he
spooks a little easily, and will totally drench me and the camera with his tail
if I move too suddenly while he is at the surface eating. He's a cool cat, that
one!

Old 02-06-2004, 10:03 PM
Gareee©

" George" wrote in message

"Gareee©" wrote in message
[...]

He looks like a large version of a small (well, originally he was small)
albino catfish we got for our aquarium. He's about 30 times his original
size now, and we've even toyed with the idea of putting him in the pond, to
see if he would make it. Plus, since he's had that "color enhancing" food,
he's gone from a darkish original color, to very light white, with a tint of
orange. Hard to believe he's the same fish!

Old 02-06-2004, 11:09 PM
George

"Gareee©" wrote in message

" George" wrote in message

"Gareee©" wrote in message
[...]

Mine was 14 inches when I put him in the pond. He acclimatized very well.
However, about three months later he got a bacterial infection that was
particulary hard to get rid of. I had to isolate him and use antibiotics.
Albinos are susceptible to infections. That is why I no longer feed it live
food. But he has been healthy ever since. That was last fall. He has grown
very fast.

Old 02-06-2004, 11:10 PM
George

"Sean Dinh" wrote in message
'bandwidth exceeded'. I'll try later.

Yeah, I don't know why that happened. I just set the page up today. And my
account hardly gets any hits. I only use it when I want to share pictures with
others. And the pictures aren't that large. But I upgraded to a faster DSL
connection and have had a few problems in the transition, so perhaps there is
something wrong on my ISPs end. It is the first time I've gotten that message.
Sorry. Try again tomorrow. I think you will like a few of the pictures. The
pond is really different than what many post here.

Old 09-06-2004, 03:13 PM
Mosfunland

Wow that cat is huge! I always wondered if they would eat goldies....Nice
pics!

Maureen