Old 12-06-2004, 06:04 PM
tacoffin

Default New pond in the works

If anyone is interested, this is where I will be building my fish and plant ponds. I will update the pictures as I progress.
http://www.tacoffin.nabaza.org/
Old 12-06-2004, 06:05 PM
Ka30P

tacoffin wrote
this is where I will be building my fish and =
plant ponds
http://www.tacoffin.nabaza.org/

Oh wow! You really are starting from scratch.

Looks like some where out here in the west. Arizona?

kathy :-)
Old 12-06-2004, 08:02 PM
Mike Patterson

Holy cow, I thought I started with a wasteland...

If you're in the southwest as it appears, you might want to select
your plants carefully so you don't have astronomical water bills.

My wife picked several plants for our garden/pond area (in central
Georgia) that have to be watered pretty much every day. Not only is it
a daily pain, but when we go out of town for a few days we have to
arrange for a "garden sitter".

Good luck, keep us posted.

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 09:10:38 -0700, "tacoffin"
wrote:

If anyone is interested, this is where I will be building my fish and plant ponds. I will update the pictures as I progress.
http://www.tacoffin.nabaza.org/

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody. I should have been more specific..."
Old 13-06-2004, 04:04 PM
tacoffin

I live in Henderson (Las Vegas) Nevada. I am building this for personal therapy, I have 4 kids and I need a place to relax, ha ha ha.
Old 13-06-2004, 05:02 PM
Just Me \Koi\

Your pond sounds great! I am so frustrated that I can't see it though! I
keep getting this 20 meg exceeded message!

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

Old 14-06-2004, 09:02 AM
Webfoot

Get a soaker hose and a timer that hooks up to you outdoor faucet.
They have them at Home Depot. I did my entire back yard gardens with
soaker hosed and a four outlet water manifold.

Russel Mack

Old 14-06-2004, 03:08 PM
Mike Patterson

Thanks for the idea. I'm thinking of running refrigerator icemaker
tubing out the the pond area, then I could use your manifold/soaker
hose idea from there. I figure volume isn't much of a problem using
soaker hose.

Old 14-06-2004, 04:03 PM
REBEL JOE

Nice spot for a pond. Build it as big as you can cause you'll always
want more. Will be looking for up dated pics thanks for shareing

http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND

Old 15-06-2004, 06:05 AM
Webfoot

Not sure if a ice maker hose would do the job well enough. Might not
be enough pressure

I bought a black rubber 5/8" 125' hose at Sams Club for $20. I plan
on cutting it to length to bring water to the soaker hoses in the back
garden. The front gardens I used scrap hoses cut to length. The 5/8"
hose ends and connecters cost less than $2 each at Home Depot and are
also black to match. 2 50" hoses were $9 at Sams Club. All totaled
I have 400 feet of soaker hose split into 4 zones. Cover the hose
with mulch and you are set for the entire summer.

Enjoy
Russell Mack

Old 15-06-2004, 12:05 PM
Sean Dinh

I hope you don't have caliche in your yard. Here in SW LV, people are
using hugh tractor mounted air chisel to dig pools. It might be better
to build up. GL.