Old 24-04-2003, 10:32 AM
Peter James

Default Cat scarer that works

There has been considerable discussion on this NG regarding cats, and
keeping them off our gardens.
I purchased a device called "Ca****ch", an electronic device that
floods the immediate area in which it is placed with ultra sonic
sound. Cats find this intolerable and avoid the area in which it is
working. That at least is the theory.
My garden is small, fenced on three sides with the house on the other
4th side, and surrounded by cat owning households, including two cats
next door. The garden is approximately 5 metres by 6 metres and rises
up gently from the back of the house.
The device is placed on the conservatory window at the same level as
the higher part of the garden. It works off a mains supply via a
step-down transformer, but can be 9volt battery operated. The mains
lead is at least 10 metres long which gives you plenty of latitude as
to where it can be placed. The device seems to have no effect on the
bird life, but we turn it off when our dog is in the garden as she
seems to be upset by it. But then her presence in the garden by day
is enough to keep the cats out anyhow.
If you want to get further details of this item then contact :-
Concept Research,
Carrington House
37 Upper King Street
Royston
Herts SG8 9AZ
Tel: 01763 254300.
The cost was £46 plus £12 for adaptor and transformer ,delivery and
vat extra.
Since installing this cat scarer we have seen so cats, no sign of
cats, no disturbance in our flower beds, and best of all no cat turds
littering the area. It does seem to work well, and I recommend it to
anyone with a similar size of garden to me.
I hasten to add that I have no connection with this firm, other than
as a very satisfied user.
-
Peter James
Change AT to @ to reply
Old 24-04-2003, 11:44 AM
Emrys Davies

'Peter',

What consideration have you given to your neighbour's cats and dogs as
the device will surely disturb their pleasure.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Old 24-04-2003, 11:44 AM
Mike

floods the immediate area in which it is placed with ultra sonic
sound. Cats find this intolerable and avoid the area in which it is

These devices are not nice for animals and should not be sold imo.

Old 24-04-2003, 11:44 AM
sue

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 11:30:18 +0100, " Emrys Davies"
wrote:

'Peter',

What consideration have you given to your neighbour's cats and dogs as
the device will surely disturb their pleasure.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Good .................their behaviour certainly spoils mine

Old 24-04-2003, 04:44 PM
c.mcculloch

Have to agree. If this device causes suffering to animals - any animals - in
their own homes or gardens there can be no excuse for using it. I don't know
that it does penetrate so far of course, but it would be sensible to check
with the cat-owning neighbours to ensure that the animals are not showing
signs of disturbance.
Colin

Old 24-04-2003, 04:56 PM
Charlie

I think that you should find out if the waves are stopped by your fencing
structure. If they're not, then that in it's own way is trespassing. It is
no different from an invading tree. If it causes discomfort to your dog,
then it is bound to cause discomfort to other dogs too, if the fence does
not stop the waves. In my opinion, people who use these and allow them to
"spill out" of their property should be taken to court for animal cruelty.
The person who lived opposite me used to have one to scare away squirrels
and cats from his property (my cat didn't go there - doesn't like crossing
the road since he was hit by a car!). and he allowed placed it in such a way
that it spilled out of his front lawn and through our gate where our dogs
enjoy laying and barking at cars and other mobile devices (especially remote
control cars). With the gate being the only entrance and exit to our
property, we couldn't walk our dogs for well over a week as they would be in
intense pain as they went near this area.

Please, please, check if your boundary fence stops the waves and if it
doesn't please consider other methods, as you may well be physically hurting
other animals on their own turf.

Charlie.

[...]

---

Old 24-04-2003, 04:56 PM
Mike

In article , c.mcculloch
writes
Have to agree. If this device causes suffering to animals - any animals - in
their own homes or gardens there can be no excuse for using it. I don't know
that it does penetrate so far of course, but it would be sensible to check
with the cat-owning neighbours to ensure that the animals are not showing
signs of disturbance.
Colin

Why? Do the 'cat owning neighbours' enquire to see if their vermin are
causing us any disturbance?

Of course not, don't talk out of where the sun doesn't shine from.

Please engage brain before putting your fingers on the keyboard and
producing yet more of what the neighbour's vermin deposit in our gardens

Mike

Forthcoming reunions. H.M.S.Collingwood Association Chatham May 30th - June 2nd
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th.
R.N. Trafalgar Weekend Leamington Spa. Oct 10th - 13th. Plus many more

Old 24-04-2003, 05:44 PM
Mike

"Mike" wrote in message
In article , c.mcculloch
writes
Have to agree. If this device causes suffering to animals - any animals -

in
their own homes or gardens there can be no excuse for using it. I don't

know
that it does penetrate so far of course, but it would be sensible to

check
with the cat-owning neighbours to ensure that the animals are not showing
signs of disturbance.
Colin

Why? Do the 'cat owning neighbours' enquire to see if their vermin are
causing us any disturbance?

Of course not, don't talk out of where the sun doesn't shine from.

Please engage brain before putting your fingers on the keyboard and
producing yet more of what the neighbour's vermin deposit in our gardens

Mike

You can't compare using ultra sonic waves on an animal to what a measly
little cat does to you.
Its only a cat for gods sake.

Old 24-04-2003, 06:44 PM
Mike

In article , Mike
writes

You can't compare using ultra sonic waves on an animal to what a measly
little cat does to you.
Its only a cat for gods sake.

There speaks a typical cat lover who can see NOTHING wrong in what their
vermin do.

May I have you postal address please in order that I can post the
'measly droppings' to you?

Many thanks for your co-operation in this matter.

I won't be holding my breath in waiting for your co-operation, but I do
expect to see another stupid posting from some 'Vermin lover'

:-((

Mike
Who lives in 'this' world.

Old 24-04-2003, 08:20 PM
Peter James

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 10:27:47 +0100, Peter James
wrote:

There has been considerable discussion on this NG regarding cats, and
keeping them off our gardens.
I purchased a device called "Ca****ch", an electronic device that
floods the immediate area in which it is placed with ultra sonic
sound. Cats find this intolerable and avoid the area in which it is
working. That at least is the theory.

snipped

No I haven't considered what effect this will have on the neighbouring
cats. As long as they stay out of my garden I don't give a toss what
they do or how. And no, I haven't considered whether or not the
fencing stops the ultra sonic sounds. I just couldn't care less. The
feline species have made my life intolerable with their habits of
depositing bowel motions just wherever they wish, and in particular in
my garden. With a little bit of luck every cat within a radius of 5
miles can crawl up it's own fundament and explode for all I care.
Just stay out of my garden.
-
Peter James
Change AT to @ to reply

Old 24-04-2003, 08:32 PM
Charlie

What about the other animals it might affect? You must love animals as you
say you have a dog.

Charlie.

Old 24-04-2003, 08:44 PM
Mike

You can't compare using ultra sonic waves on an animal to what a measly
little cat does to you.
Its only a cat for gods sake.

There speaks a typical cat lover who can see NOTHING wrong in what their
vermin do.

May I have you postal address please in order that I can post the
'measly droppings' to you?

Many thanks for your co-operation in this matter.

I won't be holding my breath in waiting for your co-operation, but I do
expect to see another stupid posting from some 'Vermin lover'

:-((

Mike
Who lives in 'this' world.

my co-operation?? why would i want to give you my address so you can send
me cat shit.
Cats go in my garden but i dont install ultra sonic waves to cause them
distress
get a life you idiot, its only a cat ffs, and change your name.

Old 24-04-2003, 09:08 PM
Mike

In article , Mike
writes

and change your name.

Regret that is impossible now. I am known by tooooooooooo many friends
all over the world as Mike :-))

Suggest that if you are unable to come up to my high standards then you
change yours :-))

Kind regards

Old 24-04-2003, 11:20 PM
Little Badger

Dog in my front garden crapping all over it!!!

What shall I do?

Irresponsible dog owners!

Let their vermin out without a lead again!

Tastes like chicken!

Recopies anyone?

Get the picture MIKE?

STOP BLOODY MOANING!!!