Old 15-06-2004, 04:05 AM
Ponder_Eh?

Default Snow?

Snow? - On the pond? - Can't be - It's the middle of June - but then,
anything's possible in 'The Great White North'.

Wait a minute... That's Not snow...

It's just - the wind blowing the Apple blossom petals off the Trees...
across the lawn... and into the Pond. Gives a whole new meaning to using
Vegetation to Shade the Pond. Green lily pads would be nice but, the Lilies
aren't growing, and I was so good to them.

Repotted them. Gave them some fertilizer. Let them spend a couple of weeks
in the Greenhouse. Talked real nice to them until a few new leaves began to
form. Then Stuck them in the pond. Maybe they don't like being Stuck? (I
don't like being Stuck!) All that's growing down there is fuzzy algae on the
new leaves.

Meanwhile the Arum has flowered, and some Umbrella Palm (a Tropical no less)
that I Threw into the Pond is growing - go figure.

Ponder_Eh?
http://my.tbaytel.net/tboard/
http://community.webshots.com/user/ponder_eh

Old 16-06-2004, 01:06 AM
bluegill phil

Is the greenhouse a kit and if so where did you get it

Old 17-06-2004, 12:03 AM
Ponder_Eh?

Yes, the Greenhouse is a kit, from Canadian Tire, made by Keter. It's in the
catalogue, and there are many similar Greenhouses on the Internet, available
world-wide. It will take a whole day for 2 people to curse their way through
putting it together. You will need a day with No Wind, a rubber mallet, a
Phillips screwdriver and liquid soap - (the only Lubricant that I know of
the will wash away without staining anything). They only supply 4 stakes to
anchor it at the corners, but I used 8 more to strap it down. There are 16
stakes anchoring the portable Gazebo, seen on my Web Pages, to Earth, so I
figure 12 will prevent the Greenhouse becoming a UFO.