Old 16-06-2004, 08:05 AM
Mary kate

Default Barley pads ? { Joe }

I pushed my ( remove signature ) button so hopefully that's the same as
removing my HTML, if not, I sure don't want to have to errase everything
in my signature box just to ask a question here and then type it all
back in again...ugh Why is it just THIS discussion group you have to
remove the html......No other groups have any problems with
html.......just curious.

Old 16-06-2004, 12:02 PM
*muffin*

its not just this group.
I read many newsgroups, and they all have fits against HTML.
guess you were lucky in the other ones. (maybe it doesn't show up there??)

I use outlook express. & it gives you a choice to use when sending emails &
newsgroups to use HTML or text. does it automatically, you don't have to
strip you sig yourself.

Old 16-06-2004, 01:04 PM
Mouse

Its frowned on in most Ngs as some people use text only readers and cannot
read html threads.You can turn it off very easily in OE from Tools Options
Send.
Mouse

&

Old 16-06-2004, 03:07 PM
Gareee©

"Mary kate" wrote in message
I pushed my ( remove signature ) button so hopefully that's the same as
removing my HTML, if not, I sure don't want to have to errase everything
in my signature box just to ask a question here and then type it all
back in again...ugh Why is it just THIS discussion group you have to
remove the html......No other groups have any problems with
html.......just curious.

Some groups really don't care, and just skip over the html posts. Some
groups do.

Originally, usenet was always text only.. then binaries groups were added,
and then MP3, disc images, games, ect.

Eventually, we'll probably see html widely accepted, (Some of the html
stationary in the stationary groups is just amazing), but for now sticking
with text only will appease everyone. Some people will just go at it again
and again on it, creating huge flame wars over it.

I had no problem reading the html post at all.

Personally, I don't care much one way or another, but I prefer html posting
myself, but don't use it.WAY too much wasted time and energy replying to
people who aren't set up to read html.

--
Gareee©
Homepage:

Old 16-06-2004, 06:03 PM
joe

On 6/15/04 11:12 PM, "Mary kate" wrote:

I pushed my ( remove signature ) button so hopefully that's the same as
removing my HTML, if not, I sure don't want to have to errase everything
in my signature box just to ask a question here and then type it all
back in again...ugh Why is it just THIS discussion group you have to
remove the html......No other groups have any problems with
html.......just curious.

I don't know why I had a problem reading your post. Normally I can see html
stuff just fine, but all I got on yours was the black screen and a link at
the bottom. I think the reason we prefer non-html is just because of this
situation. I don't know if some of the people using webTV have more trouble
than the rest, but you want your message to be seen by as many as possible.

Joe

Barley pads ? { Joe }JOE JOE JOE Mary kate Ponds 1 16-06-2004 10:09 PM
Barley pads ? { KATHY } Mary kate Ponds 0 16-06-2004 08:04 AM
Barley pads ? Mary kate Ponds 5 15-06-2004 11:05 PM
Heating Pads Anna Merchant Australia 9 12-04-2003 08:56 AM
Filter Pads For Trickle Filter Paul Cimins Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 16-03-2003 01:32 AM