Old 19-06-2004, 03:07 PM
Mike Patterson

Default Extreme Ponding - was My leech bite - an update

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 06:30:10 -0500, "Jim and Phyllis Hurley"
wrote:

snip
Ponding is such a dangerous sport.

May your ponding be without further incident.

Phyllis and Jim

Hmmmm, "Extreme Ponding"?

Let's see, what would some of the events be...

Early Spring Deepwater Lily Planting
-Self-explanatory. The catch - no underwear allowed. (Brrrr!)

Heron Ambushing
- This event bears some similarity to Greyhound racing, only a
simulated Heron is used in place of a rabbit, and the participants
start from behind a Rhododendron bush. Points are subtracted from a
contestant's score for trampling freshly-planted Petunias.

One-Handed Snapping Turtle Capture
- Some participants may start with TWO hands, but eventually most end
up with ONE. Some Die-hard Extreme Ponders may eventually switch to
"No Hands Snapping Turtle Capture", which presents some possible
mental pictures I'd rather not pursue in this family-oriented venue.

The "BeeVee"
- In which the participant plants floating vegetation using the
world-reknown "BV" method...the trick being that the choice of
beverage employed during the event is randomly selected by the
blindfolded participant from a cooler containing bottled waters,
unsweetened tea, cheap box wine, a nice imported Pale Ale, and
(shudder!) Busch "Beer". This event requires nerves of steel, and
sometimes a similarly constructed palate as well.

Anyone have other suggestions for events?

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody. I should have been more specific..."
Old 19-06-2004, 04:03 PM
chagoi

wrote:

[...]

How about the Pennsylvania Pond PHlop.
- Participants are judged on overall style, originality, execution,
and percentage of mud coverage while walking from plant shelf to plant
shelf, slipping and landing, in the mulm and mud, head first
(perfect 10).

Last years winner can be viewed @
My Big Phlop http://ourkoipond.com/MyBigPhlop.htm

Chagoi
www.ourkoipond.com
Old 19-06-2004, 05:02 PM
Ka30P

Mike wrote One-Handed Snapping Turtle Capture
- Some participants may start with TWO hands, but eventually most end
up with ONE.

and Chagoi wrote percentage of mud coverage

Now you've woken up DH! Our computer is in the bedroom and I'm sneaking in a
little early morning pond reading and laughing and trying to keep coffee of the
screen and he's trying to
sleep.... ;-)

kathy :-)
algae primer
Old 20-06-2004, 03:04 PM
Jim and Phyllis Hurley

Amazing decoration. Have you any pics of the landing zone?

Jim

Ask me about Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at: jogathon.net

Old 21-06-2004, 04:10 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Mike Patterson" wrote in message
snip
Anyone have other suggestions for events?

snip

How about the 10 foot dash across the wet, algae encrusted piece of EPDM?
Whoever falls last wins.

BV.

Old 21-06-2004, 05:11 PM
Susan H. Simko

chagoi wrote:

How about the Pennsylvania Pond PHlop.
- Participants are judged on overall style, originality, execution,
and percentage of mud coverage while walking from plant shelf to plant
shelf, slipping and landing, in the mulm and mud, head first
(perfect 10).

All my officemates were wondering why I was laughing so I had to share.

I've only ever been *that* muddy once in my life. I was 18 and a bunck
of us went "mudding" in our jeeps. (Running along shallow rivers with
the tops of the jeeps off.) Well, the jeep in front of me got stuck.
Need I say more? Best part about it was I had forgotten that my
grandmother was flying in from WA State to visit that day. She hadn't
seen me since I was 13. My mother lost it when Gram picked up a garden
hose and hosed me off saying, "Ah yes, now I can see that this mud
critter is actually my granddaughter."

Susan
shsimko[@]duke[.]edu
Old 26-06-2004, 10:04 PM
George

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

"Mike Patterson" wrote in message
snip
Anyone have other suggestions for events?

snip

How about the 10 foot dash across the wet, algae encrusted piece of EPDM?
Whoever falls last wins.

BV.

How about syncronized rockfall catching?

Extreme Makeover - Extreme Novice ger_ryan22 Gardening 1 12-04-2010 08:06 PM
leech bite? Maurice W United Kingdom 38 22-08-2007 10:04 AM
First Year Ponding Lessons: Update aktgibbs Ponds 3 17-09-2004 12:37 AM
Extreme Ponding Bonnie Ponds 1 26-06-2004 10:04 PM
My leech bite - an update Smith Ponds 15 24-06-2004 05:05 AM