Old 12-09-2004, 08:07 PM
aktgibbs

Default First Year Ponding Lessons: Update

Large labrador retrievers are capable of traveling at least a half mile
while dragging a ten foot long piece of chain.. If there is a pond to be
found. the dog will find it and jump in.. The mess he makes getting out of
the pond takes a half day to clean up.
..

Just because you followed the dripping, slime and moss covered dog to the
neighbor's house and saw the neighbor open the door and let the dog in, this
does not mean the neighbor owns or even recognizes the dog. The broken
chain attached to the stake in their front yard, the trail of water and
fairy moss leading directly to the neighbor's garage door, and those shrieks
of "Get that dog out of here" coming from inside the neighbor's house are
all simply inexplicable coincidences..

Fairy moss and slime should add a nice outdoorsy touch to living room carpet
and furniture, hmmm? I can only hope.....

Old 12-09-2004, 11:34 PM
Larry

.

Just because you followed the dripping, slime and moss covered dog to the
neighbor's house and saw the neighbor open the door and let the dog in, this
does not mean the neighbor owns or even recognizes the dog. The broken
chain attached to the stake in their front yard, the trail of water and
fairy moss leading directly to the neighbor's garage door, and those shrieks
of "Get that dog out of here" coming from inside the neighbor's house are
all simply inexplicable coincidences..

Fairy moss and slime should add a nice outdoorsy touch to living room carpet
and furniture, hmmm? I can only hope.....

LMAOTIP ........I have two Labs. This is just too funny! Will show
my wife.

PS That's why I choose not to put a few fish in my small pond.

All the best,

Larry
Southern Ontario

Old 13-09-2004, 12:13 AM
Ka30P

Yellow labs are the best color of lab.
Mine shows green slime algae, red splotches of
fallen cherries, cut grass stains and brown mud very nicely.
The black lab displays snow flakes, spilled flour and laundry detergent.

kathy :-)
algae primer
Old 17-09-2004, 12:37 AM
Anne Lurie

Oh, yeah, labs are a breed apart, all right.

I have a few suggestions:

1. Buy a box of dog biscuits.
2. If lab shows up again, use biscuits as needed to get dog to come to you.
(this should not take very long).
3. Secure dog with remaining chain while you call Animal Control (do not
feel guilty, you are not the inhumane person who chained up the dog in the
first place).

Note: I have 2 lab "mixes" myself, one is half Chessie, one is half Cocker
Spaniel. They are not actually the big problem in my teeny water garden --
we leave that to the half lab, half Irish Setter across the street! (I
swear I don't know how that dog manages to fit into the water garden in the
first place, but he belongs to the kid who watches over my water garden when
we travel, so.........)

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

t...