Old 28-06-2004, 10:06 PM
Nedra

Default Sharing Lotus Tubors)

Here are a couple of pictures of my lotus pond. More later when the newer
buds come into bloom.

Nedra

"Nedra" wrote in message
hlink.net...
My lotus pond is on its 3rd or 4th year with No division. The pond is
crammed
full blossoms & buds and the leaves are gigantic. Wonder
if its some sort of ole wives tale that they should be divided - at least
every other
year? Jan's experience and mine seem to indicate that they do best if

left
alone.

Nedra

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
s.com...
You can do them whenever they go dormant, is my understanding.

Here in Zone 7 I wait for a nice sunny day in late Feb, early March and

up
end the pots. Get them mailed out, or sold, soon after. I held the

tubers
in a bucket for a few days and potted most up. K30 was a tad busy and
didn't get over to get hers right away, so I left hers and some for my
sister in the bucket. Don't know if some cold nights got to them or

what,
they looked viable, but neither hers or my sister's grew..... Course

then
there is the big tuber I put back to grow in the container they all came
from, and it's not doing a darn thing, all the others I potted up to

sell,
grew and were sold. The tuber isn't mushy either, but maybe it takes

them
long time to rot? Water temp is in the 80's and has been for couple

weeks.
The 2nd Lotus container I didn't touch this year is growing great guns

and
has 4-6 buds up. Very confusing plant for me. ~ jan

Thanks. It appears my best plan may be to leave them until April. And I

had
all kinds of cool plans for a lotus garden this year. Dern.

BV.

Trailing Lotus-2254 (Lotus berthelotii) Maroochy[_4_] Garden Photos 0 16-09-2012 08:23 AM
Sharing Lotus Tubors Benign Vanilla Ponds 45 07-07-2004 09:03 PM
Lotus question, newbie to lotus claude rogers Ponds 1 02-06-2003 05:56 PM
Sharing pond pics ... Chi Tran Ponds 9 29-03-2003 06:20 AM
Orchids in the Kitchen window - Thanks for sharing your pics profpam Orchids 2 25-02-2003 04:39 AM