Old 28-06-2004, 10:09 PM
Nedra

Default Lotus Pond in Bloom - 2004

Here are a couple of pictures of blossoms, buds and Leaves on the lotus
pond.
No division of plants has been done since 1999. I think the pond is
overgrown with lotus!

Nedra

Lotus Pond:

Old 28-06-2004, 10:09 PM
Ka30P

Very gorgeous!
Wondering if the frog bog would like to go the way of lotus?.....

kathy :-)
algae primer
Old 28-06-2004, 10:11 PM
Bonnie

Nedra wrote:
Here are a couple of pictures of blossoms, buds and Leaves on the lotus
pond.
No division of plants has been done since 1999. I think the pond is
overgrown with lotus!

Nedra

Lotus Pond:

You certainly have a talent for growing lotus - they're
beautiful!

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 28-06-2004, 11:13 PM
Ka30P

The frog bog is about 10 inches deep. It was covered with river rock (not sure
why I did that...) I've been having the boys weed it out every fall, then it's
a race in the spring to see which plant can overgrow it in the summer. This
year pennywort and lizard's tail are doing a great job. I've tried to start
seeds of lotus in there, no go but maybe plants will have a better time of it.
Just a matter of luck and karma since the labradors like to wade around in it.
You have to be tough to live in the frog bog.

kathy :-)
algae primer

Old 28-06-2004, 11:13 PM
Nedra

It is deep enough. Now to get around the other specifics ... lol Aye
there's the rub.
I'd start with growing plants ... I know they are expensive
but I'll bet they would take off. Now, the watergardening labradors are a
different story. Wonder if you could keep them away if you encircled the
plants
in a meshy sort of enclosure .... I don't where I'm headed with this
suggestion ?

Thanks for the compliment, Bonnie!

Nedra

Old 28-06-2004, 11:14 PM
Ka30P

If the plants could get a start in the spring they'd be ahead of the dogs who
don't want to get their paws wet until it's nice and hot so it might work!

kathy :-)
algae primer
Old 29-06-2004, 06:03 AM
Nedra

Opps ... completely forgot about watergardeners not liking the colder water,
etc.
If you have a choice in the which of the lotuses to buy... I vote for Mrs.
Perry D.
Slocum. It is very hardy, easy to grow, and sooo fragrant.

Nedra

Old 29-06-2004, 03:10 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Nedra" wrote in message
link.net...

Here are a couple of pictures of blossoms, buds and Leaves on the lotus
pond.
No division of plants has been done since 1999. I think the pond is
overgrown with lotus!

Awesome!!! I am so envious.

OK, as soon as Pond #2 is complete...Did I mention we sank another liner
last weekend? Yeeeaaahh boy, and the SO helped dig this one. Anyway, when I
am done with that I am going to dig the lotus garden. I gotta have what
Nedra has.

BV.

Old 29-06-2004, 03:11 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Ka30P" wrote in message
If the plants could get a start in the spring they'd be ahead of the dogs

who
don't want to get their paws wet until it's nice and hot so it might work!

K30a...if you can wait until spring...I'd happily share some tubors with
you.

BV.

Old 29-06-2004, 04:06 PM
Ka30P

Hey, BV, between you and jan I'll give lotus another try next year.

kathy :-)
algae primer
Old 29-06-2004, 05:09 PM
Nedra

You certainly shall have a lotus garden, BV. I really like your word,
'garden'.
Mind if I copy it?

And Thank you for the lovely compliment.

Nedra

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

link.net...

Old 29-06-2004, 07:08 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Nedra" wrote in message
link.net...
You certainly shall have a lotus garden, BV. I really like your word,
'garden'.
Mind if I copy it?

And Thank you for the lovely compliment.

snip

Calling your lotus garden a pond, would be a disservice.

BV.

Old 29-06-2004, 08:09 PM
Chipper

"Nedra" wrote in message
link.net...

Here are a couple of pictures of blossoms, buds and Leaves on the lotus
pond.
No division of plants has been done since 1999. I think the pond is
overgrown with lotus!

Nedra

Lotus Pond:

That is just sooooo beautiful! My peewee pond is too small for lotus, but
yours are an inspiration!
chipper
http://home.triad.rr.com/chip16/

Old 30-06-2004, 02:08 AM
Nedra

Thanks a bunch for the compliment, chipper. The lotus garden is separate
from
the fish pond. Do you have room to sink a bit of liner and maybe stick a
growing
lotus in it? It really doesn't take a bunch of room to have a lotus garden
I just got greedy and wanted a big garden.

Nedra

"Chipper" wrote in message
. com...

link.net...