Old 29-06-2004, 01:07 AM
pixi

Default This Wretched Pond

Well, the water level was lowered, the rocks were removed (the necessary
ones, that is), the skimmer has been raised and some rocks replaced.

I am certain that the leak was where the liner is attached to the skimmer as
there was no loss of water when the waterline was blow the skimmer.

I hope I have that fixed too. The water lever is now just 3 or 4 inches
from where I want it. Had to quit because I was using well water and didn't
want to run the well dry.

Well that's it. I am sure you are all so fascinated.

Pixi

Old 29-06-2004, 01:07 AM
Ka30P

Hang in there, Pixi!

kathy :-)
algae primer
Old 29-06-2004, 03:10 AM
RichToyBox

I hope the pond now looks more like you thought it should look like. A real
pond with lots of water.
--
RichToyBox

Old 30-06-2004, 05:07 PM
pixi

Well, when it is full, it looks a lot better. The shelves are covered with
water instead of gravel, which is coming out as soon as I can get to it
along with a lot of bigger rocks. Love wrestling with rocks.

But, the darned thing is still leaking. It llost half or 3/4 of an inch
over night, but I cannot find the leak. I still think it's where the liner
fits onto the skimmer.

Can you tell me how to loosen the liner from the skimmer without tearing it
and where I can find some silicone glue in a tube to reglue it with?

I am not much of a handyman (or woman), I'm afraid. Sure do appreciate the
help.

Pixi

Old 30-06-2004, 07:07 PM
Nedra

Pixi, from a lazeee ponder take it from me... Losing 3/4s of an inch of
water overnight
is nothing, my dear, nothing. Just top it off and call it done!

Nedra

Old 01-07-2004, 01:03 AM
RichToyBox

My skimmer has about 8 or 10 screws that go through a face plate, the
bellows and into the skimmer wall. Those screws need to be removed and the
face plate and bellows removed to get at the liner. The liner on my skimmer
would then just peel away from the skimmer box. As far as the silicone, try
the paint department at HD or Lowes. Most of their silicone is in caulk
tubes for larger jobs, but they may have a small size tube.
--
RichToyBox

Old 01-07-2004, 01:07 AM
pixi

When I win the lottery you, Rich and Nedra are in for a big surprise. Don't
hold your breath.

Rich, Can I use the silicone on the PVC liner? My skimmer has the flange
or face plate but the bellows appear to be attached separately. Is your
liner attached to your skimmer with silicone glue? I used some sort of
liquid PVC glue after loosening the flange hoping that enough would get
behind the liner to make it stick but I think I just botched it.

Nedra, I am a very imperfect perfectionist and some things just drive me
nuts. The leak is so slow that the milk just sort of goes everywhere
before vanishing. No visible current in the water milk or no milk. I'll
probabl;y let it go for now. Got a mess of weeds to take care of.

Today I got all the rocks back and some mulch down. So the place doesn't
look quite so much like a cyclone struck it.

What would I do without this group?

Old 01-07-2004, 03:05 AM
RichToyBox

The silicone should work with PVC as well as the epdm. Just pull the liner
back, apply the silicone around the hole in the skimmer, and reattach the
face plate, sqeezing the silicone.
--
RichToyBox

Old 01-07-2004, 06:04 PM
Benign Vanilla

"pixi" wrote in message
Well, when it is full, it looks a lot better. The shelves are covered

with
water instead of gravel, which is coming out as soon as I can get to it
along with a lot of bigger rocks. Love wrestling with rocks.

But, the darned thing is still leaking. It llost half or 3/4 of an inch
over night, but I cannot find the leak. I still think it's where the

liner
fits onto the skimmer.

Can you tell me how to loosen the liner from the skimmer without tearing

it
and where I can find some silicone glue in a tube to reglue it with?

I am not much of a handyman (or woman), I'm afraid. Sure do appreciate

the
help.

snip

I say let it drain until the fish are in danger or the leak stops. You may
be unfairly accusing your skimmer and ignoring another problem.

BV.