Old 30-06-2004, 01:05 PM
Gareee©

Default More Harbor Freight Sucks....

Remember about 2 months ago, I was trying to order a pump and underwater
lights from them?

They were out of stock, and didn't expect any of the items in for 2 months,
so I cancelled the orders.

JUST found out today that they filled one of the items this week, AFTER I
cancelled both orders!

(the underwater lights that people have reported here are not that great)

*sigh*

So they suck again even more now...

--
Gareee©
Homepage:

Old 30-06-2004, 03:11 PM
GrannyGrump

JUST found out today that they filled one of the items this week, AFTER I
cancelled both orders!

IF you have proof you canceled the order, then you are not liable for
payment. And possibly can keep the item(s).

Should they want the stuff back, they must pay shipping.
Old 30-06-2004, 05:08 PM
Gareee©

"GrannyGrump" wrote in message

JUST found out today that they filled one of the items this week, AFTER I
cancelled both orders!

IF you have proof you canceled the order, then you are not liable for
payment. And possibly can keep the item(s).

Should they want the stuff back, they must pay shipping.

Hmmm FREE pond lights??? HMMMMMMmmmmmm...

Old 01-07-2004, 03:06 AM
GARAGE OWL

Hello, i thought about trying there lights, what is the problem with
them. thanks

Old 01-07-2004, 05:07 AM
Gareee©

Check the pond light thread...

Old 01-07-2004, 05:08 AM
Gareee©

Just got two of them because they shipped a cancelled order.

Using just the clear lens, it looks like it'd be bright enough for a pond,
but they are rather small. (The lights are the small reflector ones you see
in halloween decorations)

Adding the green or blue lens cuts the light output about 50%, probably too
dim for a decent sized pond.

BTW I got two shipped to me for $14.95 including postage from them.

We decided to use one in an indoor fountain that's 3 ft tall, with a mister,
and the light output is great for that application.

Old 02-07-2004, 02:02 PM
SVTKate

LOL
free ALWAYS makes something that's not all that great seem sooooooo much
better!

Kate

Old 03-07-2004, 01:02 AM
Gareee©

"SVTKate" wrote in message
ink.net...
LOL
free ALWAYS makes something that's not all that great seem sooooooo much
better!

Kate

Yeah, but I can;t complain TOO much.. they sent two sets for $14.95 total.
They are currently selling the sets $10 plus shipping.

One set did fit in great with a new 4' tall water fountain we got for in the
house (along with a mister we put in it as well.)

I'm sure we'll find another place for the other light. They aren't too
powerful though, so I wouldn't use them for main pond lighting, unless it's
a small pond, or you just want to add an accent light somewhere.

--
Gareee©
Homepage:
http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine.../mainframe.htm
Custom Figures, Wallpapers and more!

Help! -- Harbor Freight drip irrigation kit Veeduber Gardening 11 01-08-2004 03:02 PM
Harbor Freight..(easy to make lights) Ponds 5 04-06-2004 01:05 AM
Harbor Freight.. sucks! Gareee© Ponds 27 01-06-2004 05:10 PM
Online pump/light resource?(Harbor Freight) Mike Bernardoni Ponds 5 25-05-2004 04:09 AM
Online pump/light resource? Harbor freight?? Gareee© Ponds 0 21-05-2004 12:07 AM