Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2004, 08:04 PM
Jim and Phyllis Hurley

Default Yellow/green hyacinths: What is going on?

Hitherto, we have cheerfully offered our suggestions to people with yellow
plants. Now...

Why are our hyacinths yellow/green? We are open to suggestions.

Our hyacinths are looking yellow/green instead of their usual dark green and
they are not reproducing at their usual frantic rate.

The Ph, etc seems quite normal.

We have also had some plaster of paris dissolving to buffer.

We have tried adding potash (1 tbs/1000 gal) for the last 2 weeks without
any noticeable result.

We figured the fish would provide quite enough waste to nitrogenize the
plants.

Is it conceivable the plants are ahead of the fish for nitrogen?

We will pull a couple of hyacinths and put them in their own tub, with a bit
of fertilizer. If they green....

Any suggestions?

Jim

Ask me about Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at: jogathon.net