Old 14-07-2004, 01:06 PM
Lydia

Default how to make floaties stay put?

Any floating plants I have such as duckweed, azolea (sp), water hyacinths,
and frogbit all migrate to one side of the pond. I dunno - must be
something going on with the direction of the prevailing winds? Is there a
commonly used way to keep floating plants where you want them? I was
thinking of somehow attaching a small rock to the roots of the hyacinths and
then maybe try to latch or spread the other things on to the hyacinth. But
not sure how to attach a rock to suspended plant roots.

Thanks,
Lydia

Old 14-07-2004, 01:08 PM
RichToyBox

I put hyacinths in a hula hoop tied to the side of the pond where I want
them. You can either buy the fancy colored at wallyworld or make your own
with tubing and a dowel to connect the ends. Works great.
--
RichToyBox

Old 14-07-2004, 01:09 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Depending on how your pond is located, we have one ponder who wants his
hyacinths up by his water fall, so he strings fishing line across at that
point. Can't even see it. ~ jan

Old 14-07-2004, 05:03 PM
Lydia

"RichToyBox" wrote in message
I put hyacinths in a hula hoop tied to the side of the pond where I want
them. You can either buy the fancy colored at wallyworld or make your own
with tubing and a dowel to connect the ends. Works great.
--
RichToyBox

Oooo, good idea. Thank you!
Lydia

Old 14-07-2004, 05:03 PM
Lydia

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
Depending on how your pond is located, we have one ponder who wants his
hyacinths up by his water fall, so he strings fishing line across at that
point. Can't even see it. ~ jan

Another good idea! You guys are so wise :-).

Thanks,
Lydia

Old 14-07-2004, 05:04 PM
Stephen M. Henning

I keep my water hyacinths in large empty water-garden pots with no soil,
just some stone. This keep them put.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman