Old 14-07-2004, 01:09 PM
Prometheus Xex

Default Liquid fertilizer

Is it ok to put liquid Laguina fertilizer in the pond or will this start a
problem with algae.

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 14-07-2004, 01:19 PM
Happy'Cam'per

Never heard of that product b4. If it says anything about NH4 or urea then
don't use it. You'll get a bad case of green water, and green slimy toes too

--
**So long, and thanks for all the fish!**

ers.com...

Old 15-07-2004, 12:04 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

"Prometheus Xex" wrote in message
Is it ok to put liquid Laguina fertilizer in the pond or will this start a
problem with algae.

Any help would be appreciated.

If this is intended for pond use, most liquid pond fertilizers are simply
liquid potash concentrate, so it can be used as directed. ~ jan

Old 15-07-2004, 08:02 PM
Pinkpggy

Is it ok to put liquid Laguina fertilizer in the pond or will this start a
problem with algae.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have never used Laguna liquid fertilizer, but I have used Pond Care Liquid
fertilizer before along with tablets. Never had any problems with causing
alage. It says right on the bottle, contains no phoshate so it won't cause
excess alage.
Jan
"Our Pond" Page
http://hometown.aol.com/pinkpggy/index.html
Old 16-07-2004, 01:02 PM
Happy'Cam'per

Just for the record, excess phosphates do not cause Algae outbreaks, period.
This is another aquaria myth, hogwash!

Old 19-07-2004, 09:04 PM
Hal

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 02:13:47 -0400, "k conover"
wrote:

If I use fertilizer, will my lilies finally flower?
Kirsten

"Prometheus Xex" wrote in message
gers.com...
Is it ok to put liquid Laguina fertilizer in the pond or will this start a
problem with algae.

Any help would be appreciated.

I put my lilies in pots with garden soil and stones on top to keep
the fish from pumping out the soil and eating the roots. I fertilize
with 10-15-10 stakes found in the garden shop. I tell myself the
soil helps to contain the nutrients and minimize their presence in the
pond water, but I'm sure some escapes. I do not count on lilies to
help with the filtering, or removal of nutrients from the water, but
they do make a bit of shade and look good when they bloom.

Lilies have to grow enough root to have energy to bloom and if it is
feeding on plenty of nitrates it may grow lots of leaves and few
blooms.

I don't know about liquid Laguina fertilizer. A Google search didn't
turn up any information either. I would be very careful about adding
liquid fertilizer to the pond. The ingredients to most common
fertilizers are N, P and K, or nitrogen, phosphates and potash, that
is what the numbers on the lable stand for, the percentages of each.
A high Nitrogen, first number is for grass or green growth, flowering
plants like a higher second number, phosphates and everything needs a
bit of the third number, or potash to use the other two. A high
nitrogen fertilizer may overwhelm your filter, and very high nitrogen
in the water is ideal for a form of algae that can turn your pond
water very dark, like black. (I did that once, trust me, you don't
want to do it.)

Regards,

Hal

Liquid fertilizer Prometheus Xex Ponds 6 22-07-2004 07:34 PM
Liquid Lawn Fertilizer NoPatience Gardening 4 20-07-2004 08:02 AM
Anyone here use a liquid fertilizer in there pond? Mickey Ponds 11 09-09-2003 10:25 PM
Liquid fertilizer Tbumpy Ponds 42 12-07-2003 12:21 AM
Liquid vs granular/solid fertilizer Ho-Kuo Chan Lawns 8 09-05-2003 12:32 AM