Old 06-09-2003, 01:04 AM
Mickey

Default Anyone here use a liquid fertilizer in there pond?

I have the dry ingredients and make liquid fertilizer for my planted
aquariums. Does anyone use liquid fertilizer for their ponds ? My water
lettuce does not seem to be growing like expected. I also have a few pieces
of duckweed that have not taken off to multiply into
3,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 so I figure something is missing the plants
need. I guess I could pull out the test kits I use for the aquariums and
check it out.

Old 06-09-2003, 02:02 PM
Mickey

I have Lillis I use the tablets for also. I am just trying to figure out how
to get the duckweed to grow well. I figure since all it has is floating
roots something is missing in the well water.

Old 06-09-2003, 11:23 PM
John M. Darnielle

I use a liquid prep for aquariums from Petsmart at initial fill, or in the
spring after complete drain and refill. One bottle does about 500 gallons,
the size of my pond. otherwise, the converted fish waste from the biofilter
and some lilly tabs do the trick.

--
John M. Darnielle
Remove anti spam phrase from reply address to e-mail me.

Old 08-09-2003, 03:04 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 18:55:55 -0500, "Mickey" wrote:

I have the dry ingredients and make liquid fertilizer for my planted
aquariums. Does anyone use liquid fertilizer for their ponds ? My water
lettuce does not seem to be growing like expected. I also have a few pieces
of duckweed that have not taken off to multiply into
3,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 so I figure something is missing the plants
need. I guess I could pull out the test kits I use for the aquariums and
check it out.

You can make your own with Muriate of Potash. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Old 09-09-2003, 01:23 AM
Mickey

What ? I have a recipe that works for my 300 gallons of aquarium water. I am
going to give it a try the pond and see how it does.

Old 09-09-2003, 02:33 AM
Ted

I just throw in one of those large plant spikes for evergreens. It is close
to water plant fertilizer that costs more. For potted plants I use the
small spikes for tomatoes....

Old 09-09-2003, 03:14 AM
Mickey

No thank you. If there are any phosphate in there you are asking for an
algae bloom. The liquid stuff I make has nitrates, potassium, calcium, and
iron my aquarium plants love it and has not killed my fish.

Old 09-09-2003, 05:02 PM
Andrew Burgess

"Mickey" writes:

I have the dry ingredients and make liquid fertilizer for my planted
aquariums. Does anyone use liquid fertilizer for their ponds ?

I just throw the dry ingredients into the filter and let the pond
mix it ;-)

I use potassium chloride, chelated iron and epsom salts.

Old 09-09-2003, 10:16 PM
Jim

Does anyone use liquid fertilizer for their ponds ?

I use granular potash and plant tabs. I sometimes pour water with
Miracle Grow in my perimeter plants. Doing this can cause algae
bloom, if done in excess.

Jim
Zone 8a - Dallas, Texas
Pond, Veggie Filter, Pond Maintenance & Pond Tour Pics:
http://community.webshots.com/user/dallas75248