Old 22-07-2004, 07:39 PM
George

Default Good news on catfish

For those of you who read my earlier post about my albino channel catfish, I am
happy to report that I tried feeding him this evening, and he finally started
eating. After not eating for since tuesday evening, he was quite hungry. He
looks to be back to his normal frisky self, whatever the problem was. I think
he was stunned by the lack of O2 after the power got knocked out, but I also
think that the ferocity of the storm might also have played a role, as he would
not come to the surface as he usually does at feeding time, and stayed near the
bottom for the last few days, although he was swimming around normally. But he
finally came to the surface this evening after sunset when it is harder for him
to see me. Catfish are also nocturnal, and usually feed at night in the wild,
but he has been feeding at sunrise and sunset, and pretty much any other time
that I decide to feed him. What a relief to find that he is ok.

Old 22-07-2004, 07:39 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

That is good news George, I kind of figure it was just gonna take him some
time, since you weren't seeing anything else wrong with him. So you got
your inverter all ready for next time? ;o) ~ jan

Old 24-07-2004, 11:02 PM
George

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
That is good news George, I kind of figure it was just gonna take him some
time, since you weren't seeing anything else wrong with him. So you got
your inverter all ready for next time? ;o) ~ jan

Yes. I bought it yesterday at Radio Shack. 140 watts. It'll be enough to let
me run the pump a while then switch to the air pump during an outage.

Good news on catfish George Ponds 6 21-07-2004 06:08 AM
Good news/bad news Mike Patterson Ponds 2 19-05-2004 08:09 PM
Good News-Bad News Bob Adkins Ponds 2 14-09-2003 06:32 PM
Sad news, good news and questions all in one message Boystrup Pb, ann,... Orchids 18 13-06-2003 04:44 PM
There is good news and bad news Essjay001 United Kingdom 0 10-06-2003 02:32 AM